#27 Luke Dunstan – retired

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1373327

Seems like Dunstan was more than comfortable fighting to prove himself and if that meant time in the 2s, then he’d accept that.

Who’d have thought 🥴

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You don't get it. You didn't see an interview for yourself.

Who'd have thought the Luke Dunstan thread would turn out like this about him NOT playing.

I don't like lying. It's not a good look. Looking at a guy square in the eyes and lying to his face. I don't think it's really relevant whether he was a regular at the saints or not, it's on Goodwin. And he chose to lie to him just so he'd have the luxury of an extra depth player.

“He chose to lie to him”.

🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴

View attachment 1373327

Seems like Dunstan was more than comfortable fighting to prove himself and if that meant time in the 2s, then he’d accept that.

Who’d have thought 🥴

Yeah thanks for actually answering my question instead of carrying on like pork chops like others have.

That said, it does contradict the video i sent. Somewhat, not completely. But its good to hear that Luke wasn't blindsided.

Your entire argument is predicated on your presumption after 4 rounds that he's seen by the club as nothing more than an injury reserve. What is that based on exactly? Have you watched Casey's games? His form at VFL level (and our inside mids form at AFL level) has not warranted his selection, simple as that. If he was banging the door down while others were struggling at AFL level and still not getting picked, you might have a point.

It doesn't really matter if you provide evidence that he was "likely offered more than being an injury reserve" when you present none to suggest he IS only viewed an injury reserve. Nothing in the clip implies "We will displace a member of our premiership midfield to give you a walk up start, regardless of form".
To be fair, VFL form isn't everything. Weideman came into the ones after not only not playing well but playing poorly.

Based on the clip alone, it implies that he will be playing a lot of senior footy and yes, displace someone in the midfield or there be a position change in the team soemwhere. The language used was pretty clear.

But either way, Dunstan was either
1- picked up to be solely an injury reserve
or 2- picked up to be a best 22 guy. It's one or the other. Can't be both.

Who'd have thought the Luke Dunstan thread would turn out like this about him NOT playing.

Got to be in the running for "Thread with the most unexpected number of replies" for 2022 on big footy

To be fair, VFL form isn't everything. Weideman came into the ones after not only not playing well but playing poorly.

Based on the clip alone, it implies that he will be playing a lot of senior footy and yes, displace someone in the midfield or there be a position change in the team soemwhere. The language used was pretty clear.

But either way, Dunstan was either
1- picked up to be solely an injury reserve
or 2- picked up to be a best 22 guy. It's one or the other. Can't be both.
Weideman came into the team to cover a need, not arbitrarily replacing a player in good form. You're suggesting we should drop a player in good form or reshuffle the team for someone who hasn't earned it at VFL level, based of a comment by the coach you're misinterpreting.

"We think you're going to get a great opportunity to play in a succesful team" and "We think you improve us" does not equate to "You are a guaranteed a spot in the best 22" or "We will reshuffle the team to accomodate you" and it's obvious from the quotes from Dunstan himself that he didn't think this was the case. Maybe the language isn't that clear, since you're misreading it.

I swear Chief has some posters on payroll to generate traffic. Falcon3158, or whatever it is, for example.

I dont venture to the main board very often for good reason, you'll have to update me on the goings on of Falcon as im not familiar with him

Weideman came into the team to cover a need, not arbitrarily replacing a player in good form. You're suggesting we should drop a player in good form or reshuffle the team for someone who hasn't earned it at VFL level, based of a comment by the coach you're misinterpreting.

"We think you're going to get a great opportunity to play in a succesful team" and "We think you improve us" does not equate to "You are a guaranteed a spot in the best 22" or "We will reshuffle the team to accomodate you" and it's obvious from the quotes from Dunstan himself that he didn't think this was the case. Maybe the language isn't that clear, since you're misreading it.
Mitch brown kicked 7, he is twice the player of Weideman so it's not like Weideman is the only player than can come in. So Dunstan needs to earn it but Weideman doesn't need to earn it? Weideman didn't earn anything at VFL level. And no, not all of our midfielders have been good. Several in form slumps.

P.S when did I say that Dunstan should come in? Can you point me to when I said this? Once again, poor comprehension and making presumptuous conclusions based on nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch brown kicked 7, he is twice the player of Weideman so it's not like Weideman is the only player than can come in. So Dunstan needs to earn it but Weideman doesn't need to earn it? Weideman didn't earn anything at VFL level. And no, not all of our midfielders have been good. Several in form slumps.

P.S when did I say that Dunstan should come in? Can you point me to when I said this? Once again, poor comprehension and making presumptuous conclusions based on nothing.
You mean like your poor comprehension of their conversation in the clip you provided and presumptuous conclusions about Dunstans role on the list, based on nothing?

My mistake though! I understand now that you are not actually suggesting Dunstan should be picked, you're just upset with Goody for something he never said or implied, got you! I'm done.

You mean like your poor comprehension of their conversation in the clip you provided and presumptuous conclusions about Dunstans role on the list, based on nothing?

My mistake though! I understand now that you are not actually suggesting Dunstan should be picked, you're just upset with Goody for something he never said or implied, got you! I'm done.
actually he did say it.

Completely de-railed the "how can Melbourne be stopped thread" and gets in endless arguments on the "unpopular opinions" thread. Why bother arguing? It's an unpopular opinion FFS
Oh that guy! 24 hours and 50 posts on Richmond being better than Brisbane dynasty, going for pages of argument about Don Bradman and Leigh Matthews height. Magnificent.

He could have just saved himself the trouble and said he reckons Richmond are better than anybody ever. Plus it would have filled the unpopular opinion criteria nicely.

I dont venture to the main board very often for good reason, you'll have to update me on the goings on of Falcon as im not familiar with him
Like Danster, but a Carlton supporter

Not sure if it is either funny or sad watching those two imbiciles go back and forth with each other

6be653704558ee3c7c062a51b61757f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Like Danster, but a Carlton supporter

Not sure if it is either funny or sad watching those two imbiciles go back and forth with each other

6be653704558ee3c7c062a51b61757f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I know this is the Dunstan thread but this is the same with Blaisee and Wild Bill about Shai Bolton vs Jy Simpkin and Shai Bolton vs the rest of his draft class.

Show Me The Money is a great watch on Stan btw, highly interesting. From that I gathered he was super happy to join the Dees and was fully aware it was purely as a depth player, though we will do everything we can to get the absolute best out of him.

Goodwin isn’t a liar, we didn’t sell him candy, it’s all going down exactly as planned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back