Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - returns to the team against the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Rather innocuous as l thought he might have got a corkie in that marking contest as (if l can remember) Xerri kneed the back of his leg in that marking contest before he limped off?
LMac survives again....
Thought this too mate, saw him back back in to the contest with courage and sort of hobble out of it, can’t believe that’s how he did his string.

He was fantastic playing wing and hb. His defensive game and one-on-one stuff has been excellent the last two weeks. His kicking is still an absolute weapon. Who’s spot does he take?

IMG_3235.png

He was fantastic playing wing and hb. His defensive game and one-on-one stuff has been excellent the last two weeks. His kicking is still an absolute weapon. Who’s spot does he take?

View attachment 2029362
If the world was a fair place it would be

Tucker > Bergman
Lmac > Hardeman
Pink > Dawson

View attachment 2029362
At the moment, he doesn't take a spot .... which is the best bit, some quality still to come in the 2s

Appreciate you tracking the VFL form

I thought he was involved in a couple of crucial contests late in the VFL in which he showed good physicality.

Tall wingman are all the rage at the moment and we need wingers - there is a spot there for him if he can take it.
He was very quiet in the first half but had a great last quarter when the game was on the line. Still looks a long way off AFL. Hopefully next year he can produce some four quarter performances in the two's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy hasn’t really come on as we hoped - has had some injury issues but with his lack of physical tools , he needs to make every post a winner

Yes well drafted in 2021 and will hit season 2025 with 14 games to his name. So fair to assume he would want to get cracking.

Yes well drafted in 2021 and will hit season 2025 with 14 games to his name. So fair to assume he would want to get cracking.
Missed all of 2022 after injuring his shoulder in his debut game in round 7. He was good last year playing 12 games in what could be considered his 'first' year given what happened the previous year.

This year he missed around 4 weeks from late March to late April with a broken jaw and then missed 4 weeks with a hamstring injury from late May to mid June. So of the 70 games that he could have been selected for he's been injured for about 30 games.

Given players rarely come straight back in to the seniors when returning from injury, particularly younger unestablished players, he's played 14 games out of about 30ish where he would have had realistic chance of being selected.

I know you don't do nuance people are either Cam Zurhaar or Will Phillips to you, there's no in between, but sometimes footy gets in the way of footy, a season ending shoulder injury and a broken jaw weren't part of his or the club's plans.

So rather than just looking at the years on list and games played and drawing a conclusion from that why don't you take the time to delve a bit deeper and look at why he might have only played 14 games in 3 seasons.

Or does that not suit your narrative?

Last edited:
No strength.
He has improved that. Having watched him at vfl level, he just doesn’t stay involved enough. Cooper has a similar problem. What they do is good, but they don’t do it enough. Plus, he has been moved to the wing on the second half and he is still learning that caper.

Missed all of 2022 after injuring his shoulder in his debut game in round 7. He was good last year playing 12 games in what could be considered his 'first' year given what happened the previous year.

This year he missed around 4 weeks from late March to late April with a broken jaw and then missed 4 weeks with a hamstring injury from late May to mid June. So of the 70 games that he could have been selected for he's been injured for about 30 games.

Given players rarely come straight back in to the seniors when returning from injury, particularly younger unestablished players, he's played 14 games out of about 30ish where he would have had realistic chance of being selected.

I know you don't do nuance people are either Cam Zurhaar or Will Phillips to you, there's no in between, but sometimes footy gets in the way of footy, a season ending shoulder injury and a broken jaw weren't part of his or the club's plans.

So rather than just looking at the years on list and games played and drawing a conclusion from that why don't take the time to delve a bit deeper and look at why he might have only played 14 games in 3 seasons.

Or does that not suit your narrative?

I will humor you :) We have won 15 of 88 games over the last 5 long cold seasons. Now importantly it was the correct decision to bottom out. I spent years on here bemoaning our middling finishes and our middling draft picks, was told repeatedly I was incorrect. The way I saw it, we'd age every year our best players without a snow flakes chance in hell of replacing them, in the near future with middling draft picks.
FYI I was 100% proven correct, the " nuance " of list management I get.

I go into bat for Cam because the majority are wrong when judging him, just like Will as the majority are blinded by hope and 'maybe's. FYI " Maybe's" have never won a cracker. True story that.
I go into bat for Jy, for Larkey, Corr, Curtis, even my crazy mind has me thinking Hansen Jnr, I hope we persist with.

All I said was Miller would want to show something because its year four in 2025 and he hits it with 14 games under his belt. I think or hope we will become more ruthless and not let peripheral footballers hang around for what seems an eternity.
Miller he got some skills for sure. Reckon he still weighs 75kgs standing at 189cm, personally I'm not surprised he gets injured a lot.

The injuries, particularly the shoulder, have slowed his improvement in that area. I hope he gets a good run at it and can add some muscle.
Agreed, but it's been three years now, with probably only half of one, a year max, written off by the shoulder.
He has improved that. Having watched him at vfl level, he just doesn’t stay involved enough. Cooper has a similar problem. What they do is good, but they don’t do it enough. Plus, he has been moved to the wing on the second half and he is still learning that caper.
You reckon? Feels like he gets brushed aside at VFL level from when I've seen him, which hurts his ability to stay involved. But agree he does go missing.

He has a good kick and makes good decisions. Junior profile says he's a good mark but unsure if that will be seen at VFL/AFL level.

Given his footskills, I reckon Clarko would have plenty of time for young Miller. And given our fairly regular struggles at moving the ball, from the back half. His boot would be handy on a back flank.

But it's 100% a crucial pre-season for him. Probably needs to add 4-5kg while still building his tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #27: Miller Bergman - BFNAAK - Extends to end of 2025 - returns to the team against the Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back