Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Apples and oranges comparison. I see you had to cherry pick action shots to make Dow appear more magnificent. If I put up an action shot of KB carrying his fish n chip order on a Friday night, much less pouncing on a Tom Lynch crumb, the women would be swooning.
KB is a legend I'd be swooning if I saw him get fish n chips, still there is the hair, or lack of.

Currently we are shite. The list is an ordinary a list as you can get. Dow fits perfectly as a C grader in our team. Will he improve from here? Perhaps - but what's the upside? We need depth - so until we have another 2-3 'quality' kids that play midfield, he gets a game. That might mean gets another contract. He may be needed until they are ready. Unless we get a couple of top 10 ready to go types. Then with Taranto and Hopper around them, Dow would likely be back in the VFL. For now, he can plod around getting his 15 or so ordinary possies while quality AFL mids on oppo teams show us what is used to like to have a midfield that dominates. As always - hope he proves me wrong!

He's a stop-gap, no more.
Given the parlous state of our list, which will become worse if and likely when we lose a few of our bigger names to other clubs at the end of this season, we'll need some 22-24 year olds to hang around.
Right place, right time for him.
Retirements to Prestia, Grimes, likely Martin and possibly Pickett and the waving goodbye of Graham mean good times for guys like Dow, however much we are going to battle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Praise The Lord GIF by Soul Train

Remove this Banner Ad

Back