Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then if you know it is stupidity....you may wish to explain why "we are in a lot of pain and hurt" because it took Yze 14 games to drop Dow in a season our midfield has been decimated by injury....

Also, could you please explain the distinction between "pain" and "hurt" in your post and why you needed to utilise both words. Just for those of us who are interested in such things TI. :)
Work it out you have all the relevant information and stats. 😂.

Are u stupid he had a knee injury for first half of year st Kilda have started actually winning clearances because of paddy Dow

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He played 3 VFL games where others were preferred to him.

Saints would consider Steele, Crouch, Clark, Windhager and Sinclair to be better inside mids than Dow, as a bare minimum, possibly also Ross.

Dunno, I'll wait and see how the VFL goes?

It will be Prestia if he's fit though.

If we are bringing in Dow for Dusty we should be put down.

Christ you'd ****ing hope so.....the worrying part is that it took them this long....:eekv1:
You people need to pick a side and stick to it, you're either hankering for the number 1 or 2 pick or you want a side that performs with the chance of winning, if it's the picks and if Dow is so terrible then wouldn't you lot prefer he is in the side to help contribute to the loss. Make your minds up.

Glad to see match committee had some balls to drop him this week instead of playing favourites. Dow is depth and nothing more based on historical form, no other strings to his bow other than being an inside mid that doesn't damage the opposition. If we want that sort of player we'll just get Jagga Smith in the draft but at least he has the midfield craft and smarts to get it 30+ even as a small lanky player. The only thing that will save Dow is if he transforms into a tagger but i doubt he has the physicality or tank to do that. I hope i'm proven wrong.

You people need to pick a side and stick to it, you're either hankering for the number 1 or 2 pick or you want a side that performs with the chance of winning, if it's the picks and if Dow is so terrible then wouldn't you lot prefer he is in the side to help contribute to the loss. Make your minds up.
What are you on about? I've never endorsed tanking. Tanking is for losers.

I'd rather we shuffle the deck chairs and move a Rioli or Short forward and fit Kaleb Smith back in than I would bring Dow back for Dusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside midfielders rating higher than Dow(7.34) in 2024 who are not in their team's best 4 inside midfielders:

7.39 O'Meara
7.91 Tom Sparrow
8.12 Jarrod Berry
8.13 James Harmes
8.24 36yo T Boak
8.70 Seb Ross
8.77 Jack Graham
8.92 Callan Ward
9.00 Will Phillips
9.01 R Ginbey
9.14 M Kennedy
9.22 P Dow :eek:
9.23 B Fiorini
9.33 J Jordon
10.24 J Caldwell
10.83 A Davies
10.87 J Bowes
11.06 P Lipinski
11.65 L Baker
12.11 T Powell
12.23 B Parfitt

Thomson is mainly keeping very poor company there and all of these guys seem to find more useful activities to partake in during a game of footy than Thomson on average.

The point is it would not be difficult to find someone to outmatch T Dow's 2024 impact for not much trade capital. To retain him on the list we would have to believe he was going to improve. He is getting very close to entering his prime so may not have a huge amount of upside left in him.

If Dow is on our list next year it will be on a 1 year contract and only because we couldn't nab a Phillips, Davies, Powell, Berry or someone along those lines at a reasonable price.
This is something I was looking to highlight but never got around to it. Pretty much indicates exactly where he is at. Agree about the 1 year contract.

What are you on about? I've never endorsed tanking. Tanking is for losers.

I'd rather we shuffle the deck chairs and move a Rioli or Short forward and fit Kaleb Smith back in than I would bring Dow back for Dusty.
So you'd rather the team play well, win and if we happen to move up a spot or two then you are fine with that.

You're right- reinstate him immediately and give him the captaincy....:thumbsu:

Hope he goes back to the VFL and works on his weaknesses, that's all you can ask of players like him in this situation. Hopefully the experience he's gained at senior level enables him to be a more dominant player at VFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back