Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Have argued vehemently that O'Brien in particular is not being given every chance to become an AFL quality player due to his differing roles at the two levels (big bodied onballer at VFL level > half forward at AFL level).
He's certainly one to watch I reckon to judge how we are developing the supposed talent on our list. We had our first glimpses of guys during that period of drafting and I reckon we all thought we had a great group coming through. Seems to have thinned out quite a bit.

Ive seen bits and pieces of brilliance from kav, like really quick hands/quick decision making/good foot skills, but only glimpses so far. I am confident he's got what it takes, just feel like he needs some regular games in the seniors to find his feet. Its my opinion that kav has a much better skills than NOB, and yes different role players but i think kav has a much higher ceiling than NOB

Think Kav could really benefit from the step up in class that the AFL gives over the slower VFL.

Think Kav could really benefit from the step up in class that the AFL gives over the slower VFL.

As stupid as it sounds, he could really benefit from 2-3 medium term injuries.

Tell him he's got 6 weeks, starting 21, no pressure and go and get it.

Reading some old draft mocks and some of the hype around this guy was huge. Some were naming him amongst a small group who had elite potential, saying he was an inside/ out mid who was basically good at everything.

What's gone wrong? Have injuries affected his game that badly?

Who has hope he can turn it around? Who things can make it but not as a star? Who still sees star potential? Who thinks he won't make it?

Reading some old draft mocks and some of the hype around this guy was huge. Some were naming him amongst a small group who had elite potential, saying he was an inside/ out mid who was basically good at everything.

Who has hope he can turn it around? Who things can make it but not as a star? Who still sees star potential? Who thinks he won't make it?

Injuries have hurt his third year with the club. This was to be the 'one' where he was to have a serious crack at the seniors after his first two years were spent developing his body and his game.

I think he can be good contributer to starting 22, dunno about superstar though. Hope he can.

Woah, let's not go overboard.

BootsmaInjuryArticle_620X370.jpg
I heard he gets bullied by the other Carlton players.

Kav vs Sandi:

8 kicks, 1 handball, 1 mark and 4 tackles.

First game of the season isn't it?

Anyone who watched the game got any comments? Would like to think he's not producing those numbers hunting his own footy for a whole game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kav vs Sandi:

Anyone who watched the game got any comments? Would like to think he's not producing those numbers hunting his own footy for a whole game.
Saladin on BB seemed to think he was okay, but heavily managed, limited game time.

Kav vs Sandi:

From what I heard he didn't play a full match so 9 disposals from say 2.5 quarters isn't so bad

How about he has s few games at vfl level where het gets it 20 plus times before he gets a game.

To play midfield you need to touch the ball first

He had 24 in his second last hit out and 9 possessions in a quarter until he was pulled from the side as a carry over emergency for the Richmond game.

He's ready to go if you ask me. Its not all about the numbers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #28: Elliott Kavanagh - Gone to play SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back