Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

Same as above regarding stagnation but I bet he has a better Real Estate portfolio than all of us plodders because that’s the Bard Way

North Melbourne Afl GIF by NMFCOfficial

Sugar burst on to the scene late in 2014 and looked like he could be a diamond in the rough. He had a decent year in 2017 averaging over a goal a game and was tracking well.
But he lost his goal sense after that and became a battler without any hurt factor.

Can never question his effort on the field and his ability to present in elite condition. Was a good role for the youngsters in that regard, but it's time to move on look for someone with a higher ceiling.
All the best Kayne!

Good night, sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy new football club.

He burst onto the scene looking like a young Brendan Behan but left it looking more like McGonagall.

Decent player. Had a crack. Phil Davis and all that. Not sure if he’s a fan of Hamlet.

I'm sure he's a standup guy. Definitely not his fault he kept getting selected. Was not the problem but was, glaringly, a symptom of it. Started well then went nowhere like so many we drafted in this era.

Wont say thanks because he drove me insane but do wish him the best in life. Respect that he is a life member and hope he hangs around the club that gave him more opportunity than his ability warranted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of what he could have been, in my top 5 most disappointing players ever 😞. But he gave his all in a team that was nosediving towards hell and I'm glad the struggle for him to find form is over and we can all move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back