Retired #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know who we were playing on C.Cameron without him in the side

I assume Redman who he replaced

But his rebound up the field is his go

Taken care of some seriously good players, still surprised he was omitted

C.Cameron
Rankine

And plenty throughout the year considering the ease at which the ball was coming in

I dont rate Kelly, questioned why we recruited him in the 1st place, and think his first dozen games for us have been average at best. He's a slow decision maker, lacks pace/spark and seems to always take the easy option when passing the ball... BUT his last 2 - 3 games have been decent and there were some positive signs there...The problem is he's behind Lav, Hind, Ridley, McGrath & Redman and with the emergence of D'Ambrosio there's only so many players you can fit into defence - thats not to mention Heppell, Zerk, Reid etc
Im hoping he becomes a depth player by the years end as he's a solid back up option/bit player - I just dont see him as starting 22 in a side that wants to push up the ladder over coming years...
How now B36?

Kelly was brilliant tonight on Rankine. Feels like he is now starting to settle in the side and to develop some chemistry, especially with Redman. Loved it when Chol lost his shit at Kelly. Good sign the defenders were doing their jobs.

As a slow mother f**ker there’s no worse feeling than running your hardest and seeing someone just stroll on past you and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it 😂

or

having to attempt to chase someone down knowing full well u ain’t never going to catch them. I feel like Hooker V Buddy

Has been very solid. Watching live he probably pushes up a little higher then id like him too but has the speed and confidence to rush back if needed.
Gets to the right spots a lot and gets animated when not used. Means he backs himself and wants the footy.

Another big test this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shock. Horror. A defender who DEFENDS.

Bull with horns - i loved his stuff at Adelaide as a shut down stopper. Does his job
He and brown were underrated in that crows side
Felt for them in that GF. A great year that disintegrated coming up against a dynasty. Can sympathise

Was very good on Ginnivan. Played his role. Few moments where he could have impacted the contest better but another solid defenders role yesterday.

Did some of the strangest things I’ve ever seen today.

Immaculate positioning and body work to essentially win a 1v1 followed by not just rushing a behind or getting the ball out of bounds cost us 4 goals.

Haven’t won since 84 😅 you would think with all our short people we would at least be fast
We never put our fast blokes in it. You’d think McGrath, Hind or D’Ambrosio would be the one to do it this year. Previously Walla, Fantasia, McKenna, Saad, etc

None of them ever ran it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back