Retired #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Charlie Cameron 1 goal, when he was off the field. Fair effort.

.. and only 12 disposals. Your boy killed it today. If he can keep that up then he's a definite best 22 for mine. Great game by him. He also showed some offensive tricks last week, but his lockdown role today was more important.

Locked up Cameron today, shaky with the footy but absolutely has a role in the team of he is going to do that consistently.
he’s like a tagger but on forwards.

Charlie Cameron 1 goal, when he was off the field. Fair effort.
The Kelly whipping machine went a bit early.

I'm pretty sure Cameron's goal was when Kelly was left trying to defend two players. There was a Draper turnover in the middle, then Daniher crossed and hit Cameron. Kelly was trying to defend between the players but was concentrating on the one closer to goal. Cameron got out and took the mark... nothing he could do. (Unless that was a different player, but I think it's Kelly, would have to watch again).

I'm pretty sure Cameron's goal was when Kelly was left trying to defend two players. There was a Draper turnover in the middle, then Daniher crossed and hit Cameron. Kelly was trying to defend between the players but was concentrating on the one closer to goal. Cameron got out and took the mark... nothing he could do. (Unless that was a different player, but I think it's Kelly, would have to watch again).
Pretty sure that was Ridley who left Cameron to cover Hipwell in the pocket. :)

Commentary was saying Ridley

Pretty sure that was Ridley who left Cameron to cover Hipwell in the pocket. :)
1657447937842.png
Ridley is at 9 o'clock
Pretty sure Kelly is at 1 o'clock between Cameron (edit: it's 100% him) and another Brisbane player in the top right.
Daniher and Laverde in the bottom left with the ball about to be marked by Cameron.

In any case I agree with eth-dog that Kelly had a good game. I just thought he was on the field but caught out trying to man up two players after the Draper turnover in the middle.

View attachment 1443878
Ridley is at 9 o'clock
Pretty sure Kelly is at 1 o'clock between Cameron and another Brisbane player in the top right.
Daniher and Laverde in the bottom left with the ball about to be marked by Cameron.

Isn’t that what ant said, or are you agreeing with him? Ridley left Cameron to go to Hipwood. Kelly was guarding a player. We were one defender short there, for some reason.

Isn’t that what ant said, or are you agreeing with him? Ridley left Cameron to go to Hipwood. Kelly was guarding a player. We were one defender short there, for some reason.
Ant is right, Ridley left Cameron to go to Hipwood, and Kelly was stuck between Cameron and another closer to goal. All I was responding to Ethan with Kelly was on the field, although not directly playing on Cameron... It's all a bit confusing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was wrong about him. Does a great job locking down dangerous forwards. Hopefully he’s gotten used to the team and he can continue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #29: Jake Kelly - Announces Retirement. Thanks Bull! 2/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back