Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

freo and oppo twitter is deluded

think that they will get him for one first
Neil Degrasse Tyson Madness GIF by First We Feast

no one cried tears for Higgins leaving
higgins+#21 and we got back #17.
good deal
How the **** is that a good deal .... getting #17 and keeping our pick would have been a bad deal for a contracted player we had put 40+ games into

Getting a top ten pick would have been a good deal...

You do realise we didn't even get a pick for Higgins ... upgraded 4 spots is a laugh ... faarkin horrendous

What did we get back for Butler, Higgins, Chol and Stengle?? ... because those four are averaging about 140 goals a year between them over the last 3 seasons ...

You should be crying tears at that when ... our leading goalkicker has 31 which is only beating Butler ... and that's Bolton ... and he is walking out too

How the **** is that a good deal .... getting #17 and keeping our pick would have been a bad deal for a contracted player we had put 40+ games into

You do realise we didn't even get a pick for Higgins ... upgraded 4 spots is a laugh ... faarkin horrendous

What did we get back for Butler, Higgins, Chol and Stengle?? ... because those four are averaging about 140 goals a year between them over the last 3 seasons ...

You should be crying tears at that when ... our leading goalkicker has 31 which is only beating Butler ... and that's Bolton ... and he is walking out too
Stengle-was not getting a game for us when he left
chol- was a free agent
Butler and Higgins - both wanted out for more opportunities

no one cried tears for Higgins leaving
higgins+#21 and we got back #17.
good deal
It was:

Richmond give
Jack Higgins, 2020 1st (pick 21)
Saints draft Matthew McLeod-Allison
2021 4th round pick

StKilda give
2020 1st (pick 17)
traded to Geelong
for 2021 1st
Richmond draft Tom Brown
2021 2nd round pick
Richmond use to draft Judson Clarke.

So Higgins + pick used to draft Allison for Tom Brown + Judson Clarke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

definitely not the sort of player tigers want to lose. would require a low first pick 1-5 and low second rounder and a player
Shai should not be traded unless a pick < 6 is available.

That wasn’t the Higgins deal. It was Higgins, #21 and a future 4th, for #17 and a F2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So um, I come in pieces.

Baker + Bolton for our Saints 2nd round pick and we will chuck in Bailey Banfield?

Best deal ever..

Nah, think it’s John Elliott’s son. There’d be a few around.

Actually, as ugly as Sam is, he’s not that level of ugly.

It’s hilarious listening to the journos .. who all passionately follow a team… tying themselves in knots over Richmond having a huge draft bounty this year. They are absolutely crapping themselves we may be really good again in a few years.

Karen Cornes said this tonight …

Sentence 1: Shai Bolton had one of the best seasons ever seen by a half forward in 2022. He’s got 10-years left and Tigers are losing him in his prime. They need to hold out for a king’s ransom as they cannot afford to lose him … as no draft picks will ever produce what he can

Then …

Sentence 2: Not sure Freo should be using up draft capital in a very strong draft for Bolton. What if they miss out on the next Butters and Rozee with their picks they trade. It really may not be the right move as who says or knows Freo are in the window.

I kid you not. In the space of 3-minutes he arguing for both sides of the argument. Richmond should be hellbent on keeping him and not preferring the draft picks. But Freo should not be hellbent on trading for him with the draft picks.

So what is it Kane? Is a team better off with Bolton, or better off with 2 first round draft picks? You CANNOT be arguing both sides of the argument so you can say in 2 years you were correct. It’s easy to be correct when you argue both sides.

It’s like when he bemoaned how a dynasty team could get TT and Hopper from a team like GWS, and how the system was ‘broken’ for that to happen. Then a year later never shuts up about what a disastrous trade it was like it was always the position he held. It wasn’t…. Not even close.

I wish people would call him out on talkback with his crap (no, I’m not calling).

It was:

Richmond give
Jack Higgins, 2020 1st (pick 21)
Saints draft Matthew McLeod-Allison
2021 4th round pick

StKilda give
2020 1st (pick 17)
traded to Geelong
for 2021 1st
Richmond draft Tom Brown
2021 2nd round pick
Richmond use to draft Judson Clarke.

So Higgins + pick used to draft Allison for Tom Brown + Judson Clarke

Don’t hit BF with facts … let people melt over incorrect info and lies, much more fun.

Officially when people are happy and in sport winning, things are rosy and everythings awesome. Shai would not be happy with losing as others arent, therefore not winning and not happy = get out if you can
Agree mate.
Yes, the lure of WA and a support network for family are big factors.
But he simply doesn’t want to do the hard yards and be part of a rebuilding team.
He’s cream on the top and knows it so he’ll go where he can to win.
The resilience or lack there of is telling, but it’s a business.
Loyalty died long ago!

Let him go, I say.

He's a cherry-on-top type of player. Yes, he is very talented, but he's always playing for the highlight reel. I think this season has revealed his limitations. If we can get two first round picks for him, he'll hopefully be able to better utilise his skills elsewhere and we'll hopefully have two picks that form part of our next premiership team. It's win-win.
Season has revealed his limitations.

Oh yeah really limited! Are you stupid?

I don’t mind the fact that he’s leaving and we need to rebuild and therefore require trade capital , However, the bullshit being bandied around is ridiculous. He is our best midfielder and forward and his type of dynamic play thrills and brings youngsters through the turnstiles. Terms like inconsistent are used and not interested. What a load crap. 33 goals so far in a team that can’t score.

Since Dusty, Cotch etc have left he’s wearing heavy tags and is the main focus of opposition clubs. Shai has been our only player up forward to show anything.

I Understand he is one of very few players that will return trade value to us and the necessity to get draft picks now, but what I don’t understand is the moronic talk that he’s overrated.

Shai is gun and we should not release him unless a top 5 pick is included in any deal.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back