Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Its concerning that premiership players want to leave with years running on contract (Rioli / Bolton)

Something stinks at Tigerland

Baker, I understand. Go home factor, out of contract & massive $ offers.
Shai was always a risk of going home IMO.
He is a good player but a massive kock tease...he hasnt quite delivered on his potential and we should cash in now while his value is still quite high.

I’m absolutely shocked at how underrated Bolton has become to our fan base.
He isnt under rated.
I think we can just see that he probably wont play in our next flag and we could get quite a good deal from a team that he is likely want to go to.

Wouldn’t want to lose Bolton. Was a draft steal at the time and we developed him. Not having a great year but players like him don’t come around often. A lot will be regretting him tearing it up at Freo.
always that possibility ...
but this is the real time to make a sweeping change to the list and Bolton has currancy now.
A move is good for him even better for us.

He isnt under rated.
I think we can just see that he probably wont play in our next flag and we could get quite a good deal from a team that he is likely want to go to.
Bro you literally just called him a Kock tease who hasnt delivered on his potential. The guy has been a star and discussed at one point as a top 5 player in the league.

People are shit canning his season 24, he's going at over 20 possies and 1.5 goals a game playing mostly forward in the shittest team in the comp.

What do people expect him to do FFS

Bro you literally just called him a Kock tease who hasnt delivered on his potential. The guy has been a star and discussed at one point as a top 5 player in the league.

People are shit canning his season 24, he's going at over 20 possies and 1.5 goals a game playing mostly forward in the shittest team in the comp.

Stats are stats.
That dosnt measure his impact.
He has the potential to tear games apart but he dosnt...thats what is frustrating

Stats are stats.
That dosnt measure his impact.
He has the potential to tear games apart but he dosnt...thats what is frustrating
Agree to disagree.

Prime Dusty couldnt tear a game apart for us right now.

Its concerning that premiership players want to leave with years running on contract (Rioli / Bolton)

They probably expected Richmond to continue playing in the finals, but most of our core players have retired or are getting old. Some players don't want to be part of a rebuild so it's time for them to go but it doesn't guarantee they will win finals at Freo and Suns. Look what happened to Lids, Hopper and Taranto.

He isn't a star. He has star potential. But is too inconsistent..

Stars don't play 4 great games a year and go missing or just do the basics for the other 19.

He is wasted in a rebuilding side and deserves to play with a team in the premiership window where he might have a chance to become the best version of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 x r1 is gold , we at lowest ebb in club history , of course we take it
No, not even close, yes our position on the ladder is grim but we have struggled to play two weeks in a row without 3 or 4 changes owing to injury, a bit of a normal year with injury next year will show where we are really at, we also have cash and facilities something that we didn't have in our real lowest ebb in the clubs history back when Bartlett was coaching and having to paint the gym in his spare time.

Would.work out poitns wise the quivalent of picks 4, 5 and 67 or 1 and 18/19.

I'd say that is fair value.

In that last scenario, Bolton worth pick 1 and Baker 18. About right for Baker and probable overs for Bolton...
Points wise is irrelevant. We're not matching any bids. The picks and the players we'd get are the only things that matter.

Maybe but what's the point if we aren't even in finals contention for the next half a decade.
You must be French.

Cheese-eating surrender monkey.

Without deep diving into stats I think most would agree that green, Cameron and Papley have been better than Bolton, the rest are up for debate.
If anyone thinks Cameron has been better they haven't been watching him. Been terrible this year. Got a few goals recently but mostly been awful. Shai matching him for goals while getting twice as many disposals.

Shai's not just a small forward, he's a clearance mid as well.

There's a difference between players being unhappy and wanting out, and being open to a move.

So we're not winning a flag in the next 8-10 years? We should trade everyone and invest in Gouda.

My biggest concern is, he plays 100 games for Freo and his kids choose them as F/S's
Our biggest concern should be building a list for the next premiership with a focus on being in the mix in 4 to 7 years time.

Not whether one players kids happen to be any good like there Dad in 15 years time, and if he happens to play 5 seasons worth of injury free games for Freo. In any event he's played more than 100 games for us.

Club looking to paclage Baker and Bolton to Freo for all 3 of their first rounds.

Out: Baker, Bolton.

In: 7, 12, 16.
Average deal for us, I’ll be disappointed if that gets done.
Bolton is a contracted player, they’ll need to pay overs.
I just don’t think Freo have enough to get both players done

He isn't a star. He has star potential. But is too inconsistent..

Stars don't play 4 great games a year and go missing or just do the basics for the other 19.

He is wasted in a rebuilding side and deserves to play with a team in the premiership window where he might have a chance to become the best version of himself.
Wouldnt agree with this if you held a gun to my head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back