List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a slither of a chance in 27 , he seems well invested in life at gws no chance he’d break a contract
No doubt that he (Tom Green) is well invested now.

But who'd have thought three years ago that Bailey Smith, Christian Petracca and Daniel Rioli would be getting talked about in the trade winds? The latter is a father/son ffs.

And even if the lure of playing for a massive MCG-based club (with some family heritage) is not a major drawcard, the simple fact is that we can pay him way more than the Giants 😊

Common mistake but the word you are looking for is sliver. Slither is what snakes do...yes it's just an online footy forum and yes I'm pedantic.
You reckon that's bad. Wait until you see how many campaigners think that "his" is short for "he is".

He’s young enough to be the midfielder we bring in for more senior depth. Cost will possibly be too high unless Carlton are looking to clear his contract from their cap. He’s not on big money though so that probably doesn’t make sense unless it was heavily backloaded.
honestly cera isnt worth it hes an average mid with an above average reputation.

Dusty is 34 and his body is broken.

Why the outcry?

Let him obtain his superannuation. He’s done enough for us.
Ive got no issue with him going to the suns. Hes done so much for us abd given so much, but like most people, its the way its all come about. If you want to go, just go. Don't do the whole retirement thing and then back flip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive got no issue with him going to the suns. Hes done so much for us abd given so much, but like most people, its the way its all come about. If you want to go, just go. Don't do the whole retirement thing and then back flip.
This!

Its Dimma all over again, it's cowardess!

This!

Its Dimma all over again, it's cowardess!

Or the club has known for months he was struggling to get motivated and pondering a lifestyle change next year so they pulled the plug on this year retired him from Richmond sold a few shirts and here we are

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or the club has known for months he was struggling to get motivated and pondering a lifestyle change next year so they pulled the plug on this year retired him from Richmond sold a few shirts and here we are

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If that's the case, then its shit by the club, we deserve honesty IMO

Either way, its a shit way to be handled.

Last edited:
Common mistake but the word you are looking for is sliver. Slither is what snakes do...yes it's just an online footy forum and yes I'm pedantic.

Also hate when campaigners say "hes just saying dribble" ... the word is DRIVEL

yep so much this.

just be transparent with what is happening, don't treat us like idiots.

honestly cera isnt worth it hes an average mid with an above average reputation.

Cerra is an interesting one. He had his best year in 2023 when he got to full physical maturity, turning 24. But with all the injuries he went badly backwards in 2024. He is a Taranto and Hopper level player, similar speed(not fast,) better disposal, not as strong in the contest. But at his best he is a decent enough midfielder and is a great age.

It is a little difficult to see how he fits into our future though, given we already have Hopper and Taranto on long contracts, and we almost certainly have some premium young mids coming in the 2024 draft. Players that are likely to be more agile than Cerra. Cerra is possibly the type of player a team like Geelong might be looking to recruit, he might fit sensibly and usefully into their team. He can definitely play alright, he just seems to have a ceiling aorund that second level of "B Grade" midfielders.

The only way he could possibly fit into our team I think is if we lose Graham as expected, move Taranto into that high half forward role that really suits him with his 2 way running, and Cerra into our midfield with Hopper and 2 younger mids.

Cerra is an interesting one. He had his best year in 2023 when he got to full physical maturity, turning 24. But with all the injuries he went badly backwards in 2024. He is a Taranto and Hopper level player, similar speed(not fast,) better disposal, not as strong in the contest. But at his best he is a decent enough midfielder and is a great age.

It is a little difficult to see how he fits into our future though, given we already have Hopper and Taranto on long contracts, and we almost certainly have some premium young mids coming in the 2024 draft. Players that are likely to be more agile than Cerra. Cerra is possibly the type of player a team like Geelong might be looking to recruit, he might fit sensibly and usefully into their team. He can definitely play alright, he just seems to have a ceiling aorund that second level of "B Grade" midfielders.

The only way he could possibly fit into our team I think is if we lose Graham as expected, move Taranto into that high half forward role that really suits him with his 2 way running, and Cerra into our midfield with Hopper and 2 younger mids.
Itd have to be way unders. I can see the value in it but TT came across to avoid that hf role he got stuck in at GWS.

Itd have to be way unders. I can see the value in it but TT came across to avoid that hf role he got stuck in at GWS.

Yes I don't think Cerra would be high on Richmond's agenda. But if his guaranteed money wasn't too high, and maybe for a late 1st/early 2nd pick you would have to start thinking about him. But if that was the price you would have some other clubs interested in him anyway. Collingwood would be another club who may have an interest in this type of player. Melbourne perhaps?

We are probably better off trying to find fast and skillful types, but it is not easy to get the whole package in one midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back