Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will give 9 & 10, We will give Bolton and something else back, 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im more along the Mark Duffield line of thinking. (And no, Im not Mark Duffield)

In Duffers and The West Australian we trust! The number 1 Newspaper for AFL footy in Australia.

**** off.

How I see the Bolton trade going down.

Freo give pick 9+10 and Richmond pay half of the salary of the 3 remaining 4 years of the contract while we are rebuilding so it helps us fill the 90% min cap than Freo add +2 more years on the deal of their own negotiation.

It essentially becomes 6 year deal for 25 going on 26 year old in december, at the end of the deal he is 31/32.

How I see the Bolton trade going down.

Freo give pick 9+10 and Richmond pay half of the salary of the 3 remaining 4 years of the contract while we are rebuilding so it helps us fill the 90% min cap than Freo add +2 more years on the deal of their own negotiation.

It essentially becomes 6 year deal for 25 going on 26 year old in december, at the end of the deal he is 31/32.
It's gonna end up being Picks 14 and 15 after Kako, Lombard, Ashcroft and the compo for Battle and so on

So basically it's sounds like both parties agree it will be 2 picks.
Richmond fans hoping out of those picks it's 10 & 11
Freo fans hoping it's 10 & 18.
Either Club is not letting us know which way it will go except it won't be all 3 picks.

Yes Mr Magic, we already know you think it won't be either so keep on scrolling past.

With bids to come on Ashcroft, Lombard if we give up Bolton for 10,18 (likely 12 & 20 or 21 draft night) we will be getting fleeced. Dockers top 2 picks need to be involved.

So basically it's sounds like both parties agree it will be 2 picks.
Richmond fans hoping out of those picks it's 10 & 11
Freo fans hoping it's 10 & 18.
Either Club is not letting us know which way it will go except it won't be all 3 picks.

Yes Mr Magic, we already know you think it won't be either so keep on scrolling past.

you still cannot grasp he is under contract and it has been stated extraordinary deal and Bolton said he is happy to stay and acknowledges that may happen.

the way you are carrying on it is as if you are forcing Bolton out of the club as opposed to others, quite remarkable albeit shocking

I also noticed you have a Perth location so there is conflict of interest issues potentially as well

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the contrary, you need to accept that he is definitely leaving!! I’d love him to stay but he’s going for family reasons, Freo are desperate to secure him and they have the draft capital to satisfy our demands imo. He 100% will not be at Richmond next season, you can bank on that

Is that you Ox?

What odds is Ox offering....

1728085364527.png

Im more along the Mark Duffield line of thinking. (And no, Im not Mark Duffield)

In Duffers and The West Australian we trust! The number 1 Newspaper for AFL footy in Australia.

You support a club that has had its begging bowl out more time than the beggars at an Indian religious festival.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back