Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to agree giving up the future 3rd does suck.

We wanted 10 and 11 so the compromise was swapping 14 to 18. Cbf looking at a draft calculator but I imagine that would be the equivalent to adding in a reasonable mid rounds pick to the deal already.

So adding the 1st pick in future 3rd round (basically late 2nd) on top and limiting future options is not ideal. I can't imagine Freo let this deal go based off that

Have to agree giving up the future 3rd does suck.

We wanted 10 and 11 so the compromise was swapping 14 to 18. Cbf looking at a draft calculator but I imagine that would be the equivalent to adding in a reasonable mid rounds pick to the deal already.

So adding an early 3rd on top limiting future options is not ideal. I can't imagine Freo let this deal go based off that
Draft calculator schmaft calculator.

If the calculator actually meant anything outside of matching bids then no trades would ever get done because teams would be basing everything on some arbitrary system. I hate that the points thing has become such a frequent point of contention for people, it's not a realistic way to measure the outcomes of trades

Nah it’s a compromise we wanted 10,11 they wanted 10,18 for Bolton

We essentially gave Bolton + Baker + a future 3rd for 10,11, 18 in a super draft that we can now make a play for pick 2 with.

These are two players that didn’t even want to play with us anymore.

It’s a massive win.
You've also gotta look at which players are in the draft and who we can get with picks 10,11 compared with 10,18.

Coming on this board to gauge the majority's thoughts.

Both supporter bases thought we could have got a tiny bit better out of it, seems about fair.
Win, win.

Except the Eagles. They were gleaned .. 😂
Time will tell but at this stage yes it seems fair.
Depends on which Bolton shows up for you.
Hopefully he commits fully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great trade for us. As good as Bolton can be he can also be average a lot of the time too and you can see his form wane when he's not fully invested. I doubt he'd have been at his best running around in a bottom team for a couple of years and we cashed in really well.

Coming on this board to gauge the majority's thoughts.

Both supporter bases thought we could have got a tiny bit better out of it, seems about fair.
Win, win.

Except the Eagles. They were gleaned .. 😂
He’s a freak who will win you games, but you’ll need to get used to him butchering easy goals and giving away stupid 50s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back