Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Trading Bolton is foolish. Look at the squad and name one player with his talent or ability. There’s bottoming out then there’s becoming North Melbourne who have been stuck there for a very long time.
If Bolton stay, I'm putting money on him to win the Brownlow next year (hoping Yze decides that he is better with midfield minutes)

Trade

We aren't in the window, Bolton is an icing on the cake type of player. We don't even have the cake.

I mentioned about a month ago when our team returned close enough to full strength that our performances would be telling , I feared they wouldn’t change much ,,,and that’s been the case. In order to re build this team we need to take a broad view of what we need first ,,,,blue chip hybrid mid and talented key forward that will hopefully become that f50 threat we desperately lack are both foremost needs Shai role if you were starting with a blank canvas whilst not the last to be filled , not the first either . In which case if we can trade for valuable pics then they can be reinvested focused on our priorities
You’re 100% correct and don’t let the bullshit and hype change your opinion. We need to go back to ground zero and start again like the Wallace days. No more short cuts otherwise it will take longer to be competitive let alone a contender.

People, including me, gon melt so hard when our best player is tearing the ass out of teams in 2025 in a different jumper.
I have no doubt he will be an All-Australian with a team like Freo, but it is what it is. The stronger the team is, the stronger his performance, and you can't get much weaker than us at the moment.

People, including me, gon melt so hard when our best player is tearing the ass out of teams in 2025 in a different jumper.
So what? We won't be competing anyway.

So long as it isn't for Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong or maybe Melbourne and Hawthorn I don't care. Especially if it makes it tougher for these teams to win flags while we are building our new quadruple flag team.

So long as it isn't for Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong or maybe Melbourne and Hawthorn I don't care. Especially if it makes it tougher for these teams to win flags while we are building our new quadruple flag team.
Freo is probably the one team I'd be happy for him to go to.

I'd like to see them win a flag with this group. Shai could be the x factor they need.

My case is that he’s played virtually every game and barely made a difference to our on field performance, I can recall a half v saints where he lit it up apart from that , gone thru the motions ,,, and I rate shai
You clearly don't rate him if that's what you think. Did you watch him on the weekend???

That’s a point , shai really should be winning our bf , won’t finish top 4
Rioli
Vlas
Nank
Baker
He'll finish ahead of Baker. He'd finish higher if the coach didn't leave him in the forward pocket. Where do you reckon they'd be if Shai played HBF and Daniel forward pocket?

How good would it be to see those dickheads at Carlton miss out on a flag because Shai Bolton gets a normie on grand final day for Freo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the chances of him going at this stage? Is it more likely than not? I'm dubious that this is factual at all. I can't see him leaving with a contract the length he has but I haven't been keeping up with rumours either.

So, what's the chances?

What's the chances of him going at this stage? Is it more likely than not? I'm dubious that this is factual at all. I can't see him leaving with a contract the length he has but I haven't been keeping up with rumours either.

So, what's the chances?
1 child and another on its way? Most if not all his family in Perth. I believe it to be true.

Cleary said on SEN that Richmond aren't open to trading Bolton and at this stage and have told him he'll be staying.I think it'll ultimately play out like how it did with Soldo in last years trade period, we are going to hold tight and keep squeezing fremantle until they give us an offer too good to refuse.

Last edited:
Cleary said on SEN that Richmond aren't open to trading Bolton and at this stage and have told him he'll be staying.I Think it'll ultimately play out like it did with Soldo in last years trade period, we are going to hold tight and keep squeezing fremantle until they give us an offer too good to refuse.
Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Cleary said on SEN that Richmond aren't open to trading Bolton and at this stage and have told him he'll be staying.I Think it'll ultimately play out like it did with Soldo in last years trade period, we are going to hold tight and keep squeezing fremantle until they give us an offer too good to refuse.
Yeh agree with this, it’s not like they would come out now saying it will get done. Interesting trade period to come.

Club looking to paclage Baker and Bolton to Freo for all 3 of their first rounds.

Out: Baker, Bolton.

In: 7, 12, 16.
That deal would see us being bent over and rodgered senseless by Freo.

Baker and Bolton continue to be criminally underrated on here.

This is the hill I will die on. Shove your bloody picks!

You’re 100% correct and don’t let the bullshit and hype change your opinion. We need to go back to ground zero and start again like the Wallace days. No more short cuts otherwise it will take longer to be competitive let alone a contender.
Yes!! all this getting ride of players..
We need 2 A grade mids, 2 x A grade Forwards to start..
How do we get that or shall we wait for the next 4 years..
We need to do this now.
If its only bolton and Graeme goes, so what!! If Baker goes we get another pick.
Keep Daniel..
Players aren't like they use to be, if they want to go they will, there not as loyal

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back