List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance the Dees would take him either IMO.
are you serious ? they'll 100% take him . they are deluded and think theyre in a window

and gun tall forwards dont grow on trees

a gun is over the top.
Hasnt played for two years...
Take off your rose coloured glasses...not worth pick 5
still a gun watch the sydney game

never said pick 5

By using the draft pick calculator using your picks that rates Baker as pick 57. I personally don't rate Baker highly at all but you're taking the piss surely. WCE would

View attachment 2105489

Even just Baker & 10 for pick 3 rates Baker at pick 23 which isn't enough. If they rate him highly enough to pay him a massive life changing contract then he's worth easily pick 12 or 14 at worst.

View attachment 2105490
Draft points have no relevance to clubs that are not in the picture for academy or father son selections.
Pick 3 is a prized pick in any draft and trying to acquire that requires giving a little extra.

We don't need to win every trade.

a gun is over the top.
Hasnt played for two years...
Take off your rose coloured glasses...not worth pick 5
I reckon the Dees would still take a chance on him even with his recent injury history. They are desperate for a KPF and Lynch is a one of the best in the business if fit.

I reckon the Dees would still take a chance on him even with his recent injury history. They are desperate for a KPF and Lynch is a one of the best in the business if fit.
100% theyd take him

I wouldnt give him up though without severe overs though, g a g f

big sexy stays at tigerland

This thread is getting out of hand with overeating pour current crop.

You're not getting 5 for a 30+ injury prone Lynch even with picks back.
big sexy wouldnt piss on melbourne if they were on fire

Trading Lynch would be a mistake.

4 games in 2 years is a disaster and if a team came with a top 10 pick for him, yay that would be awesome… I would still say no.

Lynch provides leadership and protection to our young /unexposed KPF’s.

During the week he would provide leadership to help the young players review their games and help them improve.

On game days, (fingers crossed he gets on the park) he provides protection by taking the strongest/biggest key defender.

The team also stands taller with him around.

Watching Sam Frost make JUH look like a little boy on the weekend shows how important a big mature body is in the F50.

You really want Sampson Ryan playing every game as a forward?
You want Liam Fawcett to get man handled week in week out. Do you want Balta to have another year wasted by changing back and forward? Kelts won’t come back till half way, and is a 2nd, 3rd tall.

Let’s not get greedy and do a North Melbourne by slashing our list.

The eagles fans are melting

its delicious
So they should if pick 3 is demonstratively better in this draft than say picks 6 or 10. However, if it is as deep and even as many are claiming and there is no big 3 or 4 or 5 players and then the rest (as the Eagles obviously believe) then we are the ones that should be melting.

Anyhow I would appreciate some reassurance from someone who is watching this years draftees closely that this is the case. Not interested in 3 if it simply a more glamorous number than say 10.

Also under no circumstances should our pursuit of 3 in anyway compromise getting Brisbane or anyone else’s first rounder. Baker + 10 + effectively Brisbanes first for 3 is way too much. We have too may holes in our list to afford that kind of extravagance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone here saying pick 10 and Baker for pick 3. Eagles won't agree to that, they will want pick 6 and that is way overs, so we need to say no.

I'd rather keep pick 6 if we get that from Gold Coast and make the Eagles think of another way to pay for Baker. I liked the Hawthorn 1st & F1 for Barrass & Eagles pick 23 idea and getting Hawks F1st pick for Baker.

People will say nah that's shit compared to swapping Baker & 10 for pick 3 but we aren't getting pick 3 that way.

Would rather we head to the draft with picks 1,6,10,11 and F1st than picks 1,3,6,11

Last edited:
Everyone here saying pick 10 and Baker for pick 3. Eagles won't agree to that, they will want pick 6 and that is way overs, so we need to say no.

I'd rather keep pick 6 if we get that from Gold Coast and make the Eagles think of another way to pay for Baker. I liked the Hawthorn 1st & F1 for Barrass & Eagles pick 23 idea and getting Hawks F1st pick for Baker.

People will say nah that's shit compared to swapping Baker & 10 for pick 3 but we aren't getting pick 3 that way.

Would rather we head to the draft with picks 1,6,10,11 and F1st than picks 1,3,6,11
I honestly reckon Eagles will agree to it. They get Baker and they'll still get the best WA kid you'd reckon, he is touted around top 10-15.

Why would we be happy with Hawthorn's future 1st? They are only going to get better next year.
If we get pick 3 this year at the expense of 9 or 10 (10 or 11 after Ashcroft bid) and something on top of that to satisfy West Coast then we should definitely do it.

Yes it's a deep draft but the players at the pointy end is what we need to build our club around over the next few years. I'm happy to sacrifice pretty much any pick in the 20's on top of Baker and 10 or 11 to get pick 3 because that way it lessens our chances of getting it wrong.

I have no doubt we could pick up some gems in that 20-30 range, but if I'm the RFC and I have been told that pick 3 is on the table, we need to make it happen.

People always worry about giving up too much in trades but it's not about that. It's about getting elite talent through the door and navigating through the trade and draft periods with that sole goal. Hawthorn's first pick next year is relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly reckon Eagles will agree to it. They get Baker and they'll still get the best WA kid you'd reckon, he is touted around top 10-15.

I think they're a chance to agree to it also, but I don't think Baker+P10 for P3 is a good deal unless a F2 is coming back our way.

I wouldn't be trading them P6 at all.

If they take P10 and get P12 for Barrass they'll have 2 first rounders + P23 already which isn't bad.

I think they're a chance to agree to it also, but I don't think Baker+P10 for P3 is a good deal unless a F2 is coming back our way.

I wouldn't be trading them P6 at all.

If they take P10 and get P12 for Barrass they'll have 2 first rounders + P23 already which isn't bad.
I'd love a F2 back our way, would be fair.

Why would we be happy with Hawthorn's future 1st? They are only going to get better next year.
If we get pick 3 this year at the expense of 9 or 10 (10 or 11 after Ashcroft bid) and something on top of that to satisfy West Coast then we should definitely do it.

Yes it's a deep draft but the players at the pointy end is what we need to build our club around over the next few years. I'm happy to sacrifice pretty much any pick in the 20's on top of Baker and 10 or 11 to get pick 3 because that way it lessens our chances of getting it wrong.

I have no doubt we could pick up some gems in that 20-30 range, but if I'm the RFC and I have been told that pick 3 is on the table, we need to make it happen.

People always worry about giving up too much in trades but it's not about that. It's about getting elite talent through the door and navigating through the trade and draft periods with that sole goal. Hawthorn's first pick next year is relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

This idea about getting the best draft picks is completely overrated. Sure, you need them to turn your list over but apart from GWS there isn't another team currently dominating the comp because of high end elite picks. GWS have had this since they came into the comp and still aren't the best team.

You need ample picks to build a list not just the top picks.

This idea about getting the best draft picks is completely overrated. Sure, you need them to turn your list over but apart from GWS there isn't another team currently dominating the comp because of high end elite picks. GWS have had this since they came into the comp and still aren't the best team.

Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance, Martin, Vlaustin, Deledio, Rioli and Edwards second rounder.

Draft picks are the only way up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back