Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Note positions listed below are by wheelo rating :

In 2019 he was rated 243rd in the AFL playing as a medium forward.
In 2020 he was rated 65th in the AFL playing as a midfielder.
In 2021 he was rated 89th in the AFL playing as a midfielder.
In 2022 he was rated 17th in the AFL playing as a Mid Forward
In 2023 he was rated 19th in the AFL playing as a Mid Forward and we were pretty well rubbish
In 2024 he is currently rated 84th in the AFL playing as a Mid Forward and he’s rated above Rioli in the AFL.

He has definitely dropped off with the lack of a decent tall forward beside him in the AFL and bc of our tractor midfield he doesn’t have the quality beside him. He’s definitely worth at least two first rounders as a minimum and I would look to move him on as without Lynch and being most likely one more season and probably never recapture his best then our tall forwards will only be either Ryan, Kosi, LeFau and developing kids which will make Shai not shine to 22/23 levels. Midfield is the same until we get some big boys in who can actually move quickly and transition both ways.

Cleary said on SEN that Richmond aren't open to trading Bolton and at this stage and have told him he'll be staying.I think it'll ultimately play out like how it did with Soldo in last years trade period, we are going to hold tight and keep squeezing fremantle until they give us an offer too good to refuse.
Perfect strategy from us at this point of the season
Why would we give away our hand now, it can only weaken our position.

Hold fast!
On you Mr Bell from land of Fremantle

Last edited:
You’re 100% correct and don’t let the bullshit and hype change your opinion. We need to go back to ground zero and start again like the Wallace days. No more short cuts otherwise it will take longer to be competitive let alone a contender.
We had 11 players with 100+ games exp against the Pies and we got obliterated.
We really need to make the most of our chance at getting a really good flush of talent this year and next.

Cleary said on SEN that Richmond aren't open to trading Bolton and at this stage and have told him he'll be staying.I think it'll ultimately play out like how it did with Soldo in last years trade period, we are going to hold tight and keep squeezing fremantle until they give us an offer too good to refuse.

If Richmond don't do the trade and stand firm and we go on to have another equally shit year in 2025, the natives will become restless very quickly.

Club is taking a big risk if they want to go down the pig-headed path, the season is still 8 weeks from ending so of course I would expect us to toe this line.

You’re 100% correct and don’t let the bullshit and hype change your opinion. We need to go back to ground zero and start again like the Wallace days. No more short cuts otherwise it will take longer to be competitive let alone a contender.
Yep , if you wanna simplify it , we need the next jack, cotch , dusty and Rance , that’s the scope Toce , go get it done

We had 11 players with 100+ games exp against the Pies and we got obliterated.
We really need to make the most of our chance at getting a really good flush of talent this year and next.
Give the man a cigar , you can’t replace 300g legends with r2/3 and mid season draft pics , we need to harvest r1 selections and build a genuine foundation that’ll succeed

Perfect strategy from us at this point of the season
Why would we give away our hand now, it can only weaken our position.

Hold fast!
On you Mr Bell from land of Fremantle
FYI, it's this big cuddly bear now (David Walls, yes, his son). As you can see, him and Sean Darcy are very good friends

1722587226076.png

Give the man a cigar , you can’t replace 300g legends with r2/3 and mid season draft pics , we need to harvest r1 selections and build a genuine foundation that’ll succeed
E0B8F7B4-11C6-4ED0-915F-5F67C89C7241.jpeg
Well thankyou very much.
😆

2 Questions...

1. Are you guys trying to be Carlton with the navy blue merch?

2. Why?
Dong get some of the natives started on "losing our identity and soul", you'll go insane. I just spent $200 on a retro jacket (actual Freo colours) so it's not all bad

Dong get some of the natives started on "losing our identity and soul", you'll go insane. I just spent $200 on a retro jacket (actual Freo colours) so it's not all bad
As soon as I saw it I immediately thought of how Hawthorn seem to be more yellow and black every year 😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back