Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans also smart with the mature agers they bring in as well.
Both Grundy (cheap - thanks Pies and Dees Payroll) and Jordon leaving the Demons Cesspool have been solid contributors this year, along with Adam’s who has played his role. I think Hamling was the other who came in from Freo bit has not yet been required in for the forward line.

If you compare that with us bringing in Fisher and Stephens, and the Hail Marys of Pink and Biggy. That is like chalk and cheese.

Perhaps we do a trade for Kinnear Beetson. We give them Brady and Shields + Future R2 😎

Yes well I suppose we aren't currently attractive to the good, very good mature players. We have to bide out time, FA is the way fwd. But do it smart, the * model is a good example of what not to do.

He's kicked 63 goals in the past two years in a top side as a young KPF. Even if you take into account the weird need for North fans to pretend he's no good, Sydney would be perfectly happy with their choice
Ben Brown kicked that many in 2017 for a side that finished 15th. He was pick 47.

Logan McDonald has been the main focal point since Buddy retired. For a pick 4 that's not something to be perfectly happy with.

Amartey has shown more and he's a pick 28.

No I'm just saying it is reflective our the hole we still find ourselves in, whilst other teams rise to the top...
In 2019 and 2020 the finished 15th qnd 16th. Otherwise they played finals in 13 of the last 15 years. Their system works, we didn't have one.

In 2019 and 2020 the finished 15th qnd 16th. Otherwise they played finals in 13 of the last 15 years. Their system works, we didn't have one.
We're still developing our system lol.

That's how far back we are. Long kicks down the line for 20 odd years ain't a viable strategy.

Ben Brown kicked that many in 2017 for a side that finished 15th. He was pick 47.

Logan McDonald has been the main focal point since Buddy retired. For a pick 4 that's not something to be perfectly happy with.

List every gun key forward that had peaked by age 22

List every gun key forward that had peaked by age 22

Have you actually watched Logan McDonald.

He plays in probably the most attacking, fluent ball movement side in the comp and other than the odd Joe the goose, or when he gets to beat up a vfl level defender, he barely finds the scoreboard.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone could say that Logan has been a strong performer to date. He’s being prioritised in the hope of what he might become- which is fair enough.

He may become ‘ the man’ , and it does take guys with his shape longer, but right now I think both north and Sydney would like to go back in time and make a different choice with their picks.

He's kicked 63 goals in the past two years in a top side as a young KPF. Even if you take into account the weird need for North fans to pretend he's no good, Sydney would be perfectly happy with their choice
Weird copium that goes on here with him.

If he was a North player and produced his career stats to date the place would fap itself senseless.

But nah he's shit. As you say, I'm sure the side perched top of the ladder are really upset about the progress of their young KPF.

If he was a North player and produced his career stats to date the place would fap itself senseless.

But nah he's shit. As you say, I'm sure the side perched top of the ladder are really upset about the progress of their young KPF.

Nah, lazy take there.

Facts are facts.

Adjusted for game time he’s basically Eddie ford.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's kicked about 5 more goals than Zurhaar over the last 41 games and most people think Can has under performed in that time.

Nah, lazy take there.

Facts are facts.

Adjusted for game time he’s basically Eddie ford.

Weird take.

Both are developing players. Logan is showing the ability to play as part of a unit and in 2 years is 24yo 195cm. In 2 years Eddie is 24yo 189cm.

Only one of them will continue to develop into a mobile, genuine size key forward.

Weird take.

Both are developing players. Logan is showing the ability to play as part of a unit and I'm 2 years is 24yo 195cm. In 2 years Eddie is 24yo 189cm.

Only one of them will continue to develop into a mobile, genuine size key forward.

I wouldnt have thought McDonald plays like a genuine key position forward though

On a more serious note, post the 2020 season where we took Will, we finished 17th, Sydney 16th - compare the pair now with Sydney clear top while we are still languishing in 17th. Just sums up our drafting and club management as a whole.

Serious?

You read the last 3 pages

How much more do you want?

Had their fair share of misses which is camouflaged by their academy grants and incompetence of others.

2019 picks 5, 26,36, 39

5- gone
26- gone
36- gone
39 - Warner ( eyes rolled)
Exactly tao. I truly get sick of people saying how how bad our drafting is compared to others. Its just so inaccurate its not funny. You just proved it in your post and that was only for 20-19.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back