Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't crack 30 in the two's, can't run. Got given the run with jobs as a lesson, he learnt it. He'll never have the tank or size for it. Should be spewing by the side of the road as we speak if he wants any chance but judging from the last two preseasons, I'm not so sure he's as invested as you think.
You have less than no idea what he is or isn't doing.

Has really been training hard in the off season - has made great gains. Look out 2025 is his year
Hopefully true but we heard the same story last two preseasons. He was terrible in the preseason games and for the second year in a row couldn't make the round one team. Proof will be in the preseason games.

Hopefully true but we heard the same story last two preseasons. He was terrible in the preseason games and for the second year in a row couldn't make the round one team. Proof will be in the preseason games.
"Hopefully true"? Lol, sure.

I'm a North supporter mate, as passionate as they come. If Will ends up being a player and helps us win games I'll be stoked. I'll cop my medicine but I'm yet to see anything from him to suggest that he's not a list clogger. I'm more than happy to be wrong.
Yea yea, the ol' hope im wrong. Super believable after 300+ of the same "he's crap" posts. I aint buying it.

He was the sub in R1 last year and had 17 touches (about half contested) and 4 clearances in 53% game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha

Bumped a post a couple of weeks back on the doomsayers that had X out the door this time last year, so writing off blokes is a mugs game

A 1 year deal is a no brainer; hopefully it gets him some inspiration to work even harder
Yep - Arden St is the home of “no brainers”

I'm a North supporter mate, as passionate as they come. If Will ends up being a player and helps us win games I'll be stoked. I'll cop my medicine but I'm yet to see anything from him to suggest that he's not a list clogger. I'm more than happy to be wrong.
Exactly JY. We all want NM to do well, but some of us are willing to call out inadequacies of players and the club, and risk being called “not real supporters” whereas others are blinded by blue and white, and just pretend that everything is fine & make excuses for every deficiency, on and off the field.

Exactly JY. We all want NM to do well, but some of us are willing to call out inadequacies of players and the club, and risk being called “not real supporters” whereas others are blinded by blue and white, and just pretend that everything is fine & make excuses for every deficiency, on and off the field.
Don't hate will, have never met him. Sounds like he's a nice kid, I don't think he's any good and for saying that early I was abused and ridiculed, it's nothing personal against Will, just the blokes that ripped me on here.

Don't hate will, have never met him. Sounds like he's a nice kid, I don't think he's any good and for saying that early I was abused and ridiculed, it's nothing personal against Will, just the blokes that ripped me on here.
Dude, you're being abused because your focus has been to do nothing but shit can him since day one. It's not hard to understand why you have copped all of the above when you're conversing with people who love the club as you do. It's human nature to defend your own and you've got to admit your criticism has appeared somewhat overly "focused" in its repititiion.

Dude, you're being abused because your focus has been to do nothing but shit can him since day one. It's not hard to understand why you have copped all of the above when you're conversing with people who love the club as you do. It's human nature to defend your own and you've got to admit your criticism has appeared somewhat overly "focused" in its repititiion.
Wasn't originally mate, I was excited when we drafted him. I certainly wasn't shit canning him from day one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back