Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't originally mate, I was excited when we drafted him. I certainly wasn't shit canning him from day one.
Semantics. You aren't owning your history that had a fair percentage posts about one player? C'mon man, seriously, just own it and move on.

Exactly JY. We all want NM to do well, but some of us are willing to call out inadequacies of players and the club, and risk being called “not real supporters” whereas others are blinded by blue and white, and just pretend that everything is fine & make excuses for every deficiency, on and off the field.
At no point at all did i call anyone "not a real supporter". You've gotta stop with this made up idea that if anyone disagrees with a criticism then they think everythings fine. It is all in your head.

Hopefully true but we heard the same story last two preseasons. He was terrible in the preseason games and for the second year in a row couldn't make the round one team. Proof will be in the preseason games.
The preseason Team 1 contained a bunch of underdone and a bunch of players that ended up to be clearly not up to AFL football.

Semantics. You aren't owning your history that had a fair percentage posts about one player? C'mon man, seriously, just own it and move on.
Of course I'll own it but it didn't start at the start of his career. Not sure what you're on about. It seems I'm often arguing with people who don't watch a lot or understand footy, that's 100% my fault.

Of course I'll own it but it didn't start at the start of his career. Not sure what you're on about. It seems I'm often arguing with people who don't watch a lot or understand footy, that's 100% my fault.
So you do own it. Good stuff. Now for the " not sure what you're on about" part which was pretty self basic to grasp on a conceptual level. Baby steps.

Yep, you're clearly a scholar. I wouldn't dare to go against a great mind like you're own. Sweet dreams mate.
So you're not sure. It doesn't take a scholar to do very basic maths. Seriously, c'mon. 271 posts out of a total of 1000 odd, but in this thread alone? 271 only about Will Phillips? Ya havin' a laugh yeah?

So you're not sure. It doesn't take a scholar to do very basic maths. Seriously, c'mon. 271 posts out of a total of 1000 odd, but in this thread alone? 271 only about Will Phillips? Ya havin' a laugh yeah?
150+ of them defending myself or my views. There's honestly some people who think Will can be a tagger!!

My memory failed me. He played probably 4 or 5 games in 23 that were better than anything he dished up in 24.
He was much better in '23. He had a poor season this year but if he can build on what was his 2023 form he'll make a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Low expectations?!
He was pick 3 FFS ?!
The kid was close to out the door.

I don’t think anyone is expecting Will to be as good as a Sheezel, LDU or Wardlaw, which were all high draft picks.

That draft on the whole has been a bit of a crapshoot with COVID.

Just be pleasantly surprised if it clicks and he comes good, but don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t and he seeks a fresh start.

The kid was close to out the door.

I don’t think anyone is expecting Will to be as good as a Sheezel, LDU or Wardlaw, which were all high draft picks.

That draft on the whole has been a bit of a crapshoot with COVID.

Just be pleasantly surprised if it clicks and he comes good, but don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t and he seeks a fresh start.
Not a great draft but there were two that should've always gone before Will. At least he's not a shit campaigner like Tarryn but it was a terrible decision and it plagues us now.

Don't hate will, have never met him. Sounds like he's a nice kid, I don't think he's any good and for saying that early I was abused and ridiculed, it's nothing personal against Will, just the blokes that ripped me on here.

Not a great draft but there were two that should've always gone before Will. At least he's not a shit campaigner like Tarryn but it was a terrible decision and it plagues us now.

I understand your angst. Don't agree with it, other than disagreeing with the overall strategy but genuinely love your passion. IMO, no team has ever built from the midfield out, A) it doesn't make sense as B) talls tend to take longer to develop. End of.

Whoever made that call needs to go, now. Nothing else really makes sense in light of that abject failure to understand Football (and kids).

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would just stop posting the same old tired stuff here and wait until next season is underway before making any more judgements on Will.

Barring some unfortunate event befalling Will, next year will be make or break so let's leave it in his hands and the hands of our football department, to try to forge for himself a decent career at the NMFC.

Everything else from here on now until Season 2025 starts, is just meaningless drivel. (Mind you that is probably the definition of BF. :eek:)

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would just stop posting the same old tired stuff here and wait until next season is underway before making any more judgements on Will.

Barring some unfortunate event befalling Will, next year will be make or break so let's leave it in his hands and the hands of our football department, to try to forge for himself a decent career at the NMFC.

Everything else from here on now until Season 2025 starts, is just meaningless drivel. (Mind you that is probably the definition of BF. :eek:)

F*** that, we've got six months to abuse him further before anything changes. Why waste the opportunity?

He's snagged a couple of really nice goals from congestion at both AFL and VFL level. If we don't secure a solid small forward through trade or via the draft, I would be keen to see him spend some time as a small forward this year applying pressure, releasing Curtis/Zurhaar/Sheezel, and maybe snagging a few goals himself. Can't be any worse defensively than who we currently have in there. I still think Will Phill has something significant to offer. When it clicks for him, he's going to be an excellent player.

He's snagged a couple of really nice goals from congestion at both AFL and VFL level. If we don't secure a solid small forward through trade or via the draft, I would be keen to see him spend some time as a small forward this year applying pressure, releasing Curtis/Zurhaar/Sheezel, and maybe snagging a few goals himself. Can't be any worse defensively than who we currently have in there. I still think Will Phill has something significant to offer. When it clicks for him, he's going to be an excellent player.
Now you guy's are just trolling me.

Now you guy's are just trolling me.
no, it's just someone posting their thoughts. But you're one of those "if someone's views differ from mine they must not understand football" types, so i can see how you'd get that easily confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back