Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand your angst. Don't agree with it, other than disagreeing with the overall strategy but genuinely love your passion. IMO, no team has ever built from the midfield out, A) it doesn't make sense as B) talls tend to take longer to develop. End of.

Whoever made that call needs to go, now. Nothing else really makes sense in light of that abject failure to understand Football (and kids).
Not many teams have undertaken a scorched earth rebuild like we have apart from Melbourne. I'd actually say they started their build from the midfield.

Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver to go with Gawn, Viney and Salem. Tom McDonald was already on the list as a pick 53.

They filled out the rest of the list over time.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not many teams have undertaken a scorched earth rebuild like we have apart from Melbourne. I'd actually say they started their build from the midfield.

Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver to go with Gawn, Viney and Salem. Tom McDonald was already on the list as a pick 53.

carlton did but were very fortunate to get harry and charley in the one draft, sort of like when the hawks got buddy and roughie, Drafts like that sure firms up your spine.

carlton did but were very fortunate to get harry and charley in the one draft, sort of like when the hawks got buddy and roughie, Drafts like that sure firms up your spine.
That was a huge draft for them. Was Weitering the same draft?

Then again Melbourne have a premiership in the cabinet and Carlton don't as yet.

It's sort of like what we could do in this upcoming draft if we can split 2, but many want another shiny toy for the midfield and a development chf @ 22

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone would just stop posting the same old tired stuff here and wait until next season is underway before making any more judgements on Will.

Barring some unfortunate event befalling Will, next year will be make or break so let's leave it in his hands and the hands of our football department, to try to forge for himself a decent career at the NMFC.

Everything else from here on now until Season 2025 starts, is just meaningless drivel. (Mind you that is probably the definition of BF. :eek:)

Well, there are at least 3 people on here who have tied their entire sense of self-worth to Will Phillips failing as a footballer, so the chances of them backing off now are pretty remote.

I knew you'd be able to answer my falsehood Micky!

Interesting. I feel that is correct but looking a touch deeper they managed their rebuild fairly well after getting not much out of 1st Rounders/ Priority/Mini Drafts/Freebie's): Morton, Grimes, Watts, Blease, Strauss, Scully, Trengove, Gysberts, Tapscott, Lucas Cook, Yossel Hogan, Toumpas, (Salem), (Petracca) (Brayshaw). It turned for them after lucking out on Max in the 30's.

I don't want to copy them at all, they have been gifted a ridiculous amount of picks/opportunities and despite One Premiership (in Perth, during Covid) they have **** all to show for it.

We are miles ahead of them, I feel more comfortable than ever about our position after seeing what their fans have been through!

They don't have the 90's and Duck to see them through either, we do. Just reiterate's we're on the right track and maybe we can split this year but we stick with the draft for another 2 years and then launch.

See for yourself.. https://www.draftguru.com.au/clubs/melbourne

Painful for them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back