Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Iā€™m not concerned with others.

He needs to fix it if heā€™s playing in the middle.
I was always of the impression that he was known for being clean. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
And purely on that basis I'm going to assume the occasional fumble will drop off with a few more games. Hang tight. I reckon he'll be OK.

A few on here overrating his game todayā€¦ I think he will struggle to hold his spot with Wardlaw coming back

He didnā€™t destroy the opposition like some others but heā€™s really tough and in everything, never squibs a contest and gives it his all. Thatā€™s why I like him.

Heā€™s an underdog player in my underdog side. Iā€™m rooting for him, naturally šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It didn't seem to me to be a hard tag on Rowell. He was clearly manning Anderson and Miller at different times.
Yeah Rowell was first quarter, then went to Touk and did a solid job. Stood Anderson who got away from him a bit, but I would like to see his TOG % to make an evaluation overall.

Edit: 69% TOG.

Only Tess and Taylor had less.

Didn't have a big impact on the game but didn't do anything bad. Tag is slipping though so not sure where he fits next week.

Just average, not super clean, not the fumbliest
So did his job. Hopefully we keep sticking with him. Don't see why we wouldn't at the moment.

Yeah Rowell was first quarter, then went to Touk and did a solid job. Stood Anderson who got away from him a bit, but I would like to see his TOG % to make an evaluation overall.
So played on 3 different players in one match which in my opinion even better. To change your focus on 3 different players throughout a game is a great effort and to hold your own even better.

With LDU, Sheezel and Wardlaw heā€™ll be fine. If he can form some sort of foursome with those guys, heā€™ll make it.

When weā€™ve got guys who donā€™t go when itā€™s their turn, who get spooked like fraidy-cats and turn the ball over, when weā€™re wondering who to drop ā€¦Iā€™m not starting with Phillips.
Especially when he seems to be at the bottom of so many packs.

Iā€™m not biased, he just is what he is - a good honest footballer, I love his attitude and the way he goes about it, and I think he deserves a shot at developing with/like the other kids in our team.

Every band needs a solid AF bass player.

Edit: 69% TOG.

Only Tess and Taylor had less.

I'm not sure exactly when Miller got injured but for a bloke who normally bring his own footy to games against us, he was unsighted even prior to being subbed out.

I'm not sure exactly when Miller got injured but for a bloke who normally bring his own footy to games against us, he was unsighted even prior to being subbed out.
Agree on your first point. Subbed just st before half time I think, maybe early 3rd.

Says he had 12 disposals, seemed to be more than that, a couple of fumbles but gee he is improving.

7 tackles , well played Will.
I havenā€™t had a chance to watch it yet, will tune later tonight, but you donā€™t generally mince your words or play favourites, so sounds like he continues to make some progress in his possible new role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back