2km Time Trial 10/1

Remove this Banner Ad

aggotwang

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty similar result to last time trail.
Gibson broke 6 mins and ran 5.59 - great result.
McGenniss 2nd
Bastinac 3rd
Nahas flew home for 4th I believe.
McDonald and Wood next in line.

Dal looked smooth and was running in 2nd gear.
Hansen was 10m in front after the first lap then tired.
Goldy looked strong.
Cunnington and Black last 2 to finish (minus big E) in 7.20

Didn't know Nahas had a good endurance base.

Is there any logic to Gibson running within himself during a game (which would still be a very good standard) to make that tiny bit better for his disposal? His endurance almost sounds over and above what's required.

Meh at Cunners and Black. They know how to play footy.

How did Boomer, Wellsy and Drew go? They're our best players so if they aren't winning the time trial what hope do we have?

Notice Port (I think) do a 3km time trial fwiw.

How did Boomer, Wellsy and Drew go? They're our best players so if they aren't winning the time trial what hope do we have?

I have a Port supporting mate at work (this is only coming from them, I haven't actually read anywhere that its true) but apparently last pre-season they had to do 100x 100m sprints in one day & just recently they were made to do 200x 200m sprints in the one session.
Can you imagine how much that would hurt?!

I have a Port supporting mate at work (this is only coming from them, I haven't actually read anywhere that its true) but apparently last pre-season they had to do 100x 100m sprints in one day & just recently they were made to do 200x 200m sprints in the one session.
Rubbish or not, Port did finish off games a lot better than we did. And they trained in heat, not altitude (based on their EPL fitness guru's advice).

Lots

That is 40km worth of sprinting. No chance.

I heard Port players did 600 x 400m sprints in an hour.

Not sure how true it is though :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to reality and Gibbo is an absolute machine. Great time! Good to see Nahas up there too - could be a surprise packet in 2014 if his attitude is on track, very interesting pick up.

McGenniss 2nd
Bastinac 3rd

Goldy looked strong.

Gooooood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGenniss 2nd
Bastinac 3rd

Goldy looked strong.
happily surprised with nahas' solid endurance, looking forward to seeing him in the practice games.
Also good to see Wood and McDonald finish high up again.

Did greenwood and grima run this time?
Other than swallow,daw and curran who else did not do the time trial?

happily surprised with nahas' solid endurance, looking forward to seeing him in the practice games.
Also good to see Wood and McDonald finish high up again.

Did greenwood and grima run this time?
Other than swallow,daw and curran who else did not do the time trial?

no adams, no boomer, no grima i dont think?

McGenniss 2nd
Bastinac 3rd

Goldy looked strong.

Would be pleasantly surprised if Nahas has a bit of an impact this year. Not a bad result for a supposedly burst player.

Re. McDonald and Wood...loving it. They are the 2 young guns (plus Garner) that I hope to see strut their stuff this year.

Port must be an Amish club.

As much and half again.

McGenniss 2nd
Bastinac 3rd

Goldy looked strong.

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

Rubbish or not, Port did finish off games a lot better than we did. And they trained in heat, not altitude (based on their EPL fitness guru's advice).

They were also shithouse in the first half of games. If that is due to conditioning then they are self-inflicting a significant hurdle that will make it difficult for them to go forwards. Statistically speaking, it is very difficult for sides to go all the way if they have significant pattern weaknesses, like are notoriously shit in specific quarters or halves.

We gave teams a free confidence boost in last quarters just by having the perception that we choke late in games. Irrespective of the choking or not, teams usually lifted in the last quarter against us which helped to turn what was a few bad periods into a stigma.

If Port have the perception they are strong late in games but shithouse at the start then teams will go hard at them early in games and know they can deliver the KO blow in the first half then shut up shop in the second half and play a possession game and bring numbers back so it is not a high speed rebounding game in the second half.

They were also shithouse in the first half of games. If that is due to conditioning then they are self-inflicting a significant hurdle that will make it difficult for them to go forwards. Statistically speaking, it is very difficult for sides to go all the way if they have significant pattern weaknesses, like are notoriously shit in specific quarters or halves.

We gave teams a free confidence boost in last quarters just by having the perception that we choke late in games. Irrespective of the choking or not, teams usually lifted in the last quarter against us which helped to turn what was a few bad periods into a stigma.

If Port have the perception they are strong late in games but shithouse at the start then teams will go hard at them early in games and know they can deliver the KO blow in the first half then shut up shop in the second half and play a possession game and bring numbers back so it is not a high speed rebounding game in the second half.

Not sure that Port were as shit early in games, as we were late in games, if that makes sense. ;)

Not sure that Port were as shit early in games, as we were late in games, if that makes sense. ;)

I get ya drift EH and if we use our Hobart game as a measuring stick, Port's early game shitness allowed us to get a solid lead with our late game shitness being marginally less shit than their early game shitness, henceforth giving us the points with both sets of supporters cracking the shits for our respective fade-ins and fade-outs. :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

2km Time Trial 10/1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back