Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people don’t want this final played at the MCG then they can’t see the bigger picture past playing an elimination final.

No QF, Semi or Prelim we play in will ever be at Marvel so we need to acclimatise at every opportunity. We thumped Collingwood in 2009 on their home ground because it didn’t matter to that team and this team needs to get that same mentality.
To be fair the argument could be made that wanting the game played at the dome is a longer term picture (and certainly past the game itself) as it gives us a greater chance of winning. So your argument can not be portrayed as absolute.

Now that’s not my position, but could be the position of others, which would be fair enough.

Owens good this year but the others in top 4 will be better.
Can these campaigners just once not give a backhand when discussing the Saints?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Things wont change until we win a flag, until that occurs the so called experts will continue to take pot shots - because they can. When we start winning flags and players like Owens are dominating they will disappear faster than a Big Mac at a Jenny Craig meeting.

Owens good this year but the others in top 4 will be better.
Can these campaigners just once not give a backhand when discussing the Saints?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was very exceptional for a first year player in his second year too apparently. "Owens has an unlimited potential and has more champion qualities than some of the more consistent high possession ones" would have done.

Don’t think I agree with the wet suiting us more than the giants.

We are best when we can run and spread and that usually means we have clean disposal and marks which is tougher in the wet.

Conversely the Giants have a better midfield and you think in the wet there would be more congestion so that would favour them.

As of now there is 50% chance of rain on Thursday and Friday and nothing for Saturday from the weather app on the iPhone so it’s not ideal but shouldn’t really affect the game beyond it being s**t for supporters.
Good call. Tom green I imagine will be an absolute mess to contain in the wet. Contested beast

He was very exceptional for a first year player in his second year too apparently. "Owens has an unlimited potential and has more champion qualities than some of the more consistent high possession ones" would have done.
Could be a year of missed accolades because of injuries. Daicos/Brownlow and Ashcroft/Rising Star. Even though I'm a huge Owens fan I think they'd have given it to Ashcroft if not for his injury. Personally I'd have had Sheezel third. Ashcroft played a few games this year where he was the Lion's standout mid. That's in a team with Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage etc. It would have been a toss up for me but Saints bias would've gone with Mitchito.

Things wont change until we win a flag, until that occurs the so called experts will continue to take pot shots - because they can. When we start winning flags and players like Owens are dominating they will disappear faster than a Big Mac at a Jenny Craig meeting.
Was that you speaking to Dwayno this arvo.
Dwayno just couldn’t get his head around it. One track mind. I’m

Don’t think I agree with the wet suiting us more than the giants.

We are best when we can run and spread and that usually means we have clean disposal and marks which is tougher in the wet.

Conversely the Giants have a better midfield and you think in the wet there would be more congestion so that would favour them.

As of now there is 50% chance of rain on Thursday and Friday and nothing for Saturday from the weather app on the iPhone so it’s not ideal but shouldn’t really affect the game beyond it being s**t for supporters.

Mate... if the ground is soft it might cushion the Giants fall when our Jacks cut down their bean stalk... prefer hardground maybe the car park like Lenny said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sam Taylor playing? Haven't been keeping up. Heard he was injured. Maybe that was 15 weeks ago

Is Sam Taylor playing? Haven't been keeping up. Heard he was injured. Maybe that was 15 weeks ago

He’s touch and go, has to get through this weeks training.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sam Edmund saying on SEN this afternoon that 65k+ tickets have been sold for the game,5 days until the game, Saturday arvo, best weather day of the 3 MCG finals.. think we are in for a good one at the G!
65,000 x $8.30 = half a million “made” over a hyper inflated “service” fee.

I’m still salty about it. And they (Ticketek) have the gall to say that it’s a “one-off service fee” for this finals series, total rort.

Last edited:
“The Tribunal's call means Bedford will miss the Giants' elimination final against St Kilda on Saturday afternoon.”

Bad luck GWS. If you were a bigger club you’d have gotten off for sure. Can’t help but feel a bit of sympathy for them. Sydney players can do what they like. It’s not nice being a poor cousin.

But I’ll take it! 🤣

Bedford missing is a bonus for us, he has been important for them this year playing that pressure small forward role like Butler does for us.

GWS really missed him and Daniels when they got flogged by Port a few weeks ago, Daniels will be playing but may not be as effective without Bedford.

Taylor missing will help us too but I think GWS will probably roll the dice on him playing even if he isn't fully fit as he is so important for their defence.

Sam Edmund saying on SEN this afternoon that 65k+ tickets have been sold for the game,5 days until the game, Saturday arvo, best weather day of the 3 MCG finals.. think we are in for a good one at the G!
We are so lucky it's a day game. Night game would have reduced the crowd massively. Now people can go with families, many of whom will never have been to a final.

Got a feeling this will be an epic day. I'm pumped beyond words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back