Game Day Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nup, he's not AFL standard, only getting a game because of the serious lack of AFL standard players available...
Yea let’s criticise the sub… who has literally done nothing. You’re a nasty nasty person who just hides behind your keyboard.

Anyone that thinks Steele, Marshall and Sinclair are untouchable at years end are kidding themselves.

I think the pace of the game has gone past Steele. Sinclair has payed two really good years but looking more like the Sinclair we have seen most of his career. Marshall just doesn’t give us quality clearances through his ruck work or his own clearances.

Hawthorne have shown us how to rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, no one expected a win.. It's just that the realisation that the gap is so large between us and a decent team is disheartening..

Melbourne - Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Neal-bullean

St Kilda - Marshal, Steele, Ross, Windhager, Dow

That's 0 out of 5, total domination in the midfield, they also have Pickett running through whilst we have Liam Henry.. what chance have you got. Always said this, whilst we have worst midfield in the comp.. we have no chance except keep the score close and fluke some goals... just because we were lucky last year doesn't mean it's repeatable.. we really have been playing safe, non-contested football for too long.. most of the team are really non-competitive/can't win against their opponents..

No more band aids solutions.. the painful it is.. the better.. then we can actually try to do the right thing..

Get a ruckman can actually win a tap, bring .. not to mark around ground and hack kick ball forward.
Get genuine mids who ca win contests and spread.. seriously, Owens, Sinclair and Philipou are not the answer... mids cannot be trained in 1-2 years.. the instinct, position awareness, one-grab touch are trained for years...

The number of smothered balls by Sinclair is really embarrassing.. and he is one of our better users... lots of these is really inferred pressure.. our midfield cannot absorb opposition pressure, instead the pressure gets through the whole team, and everyone is panicking and missing targets.

Last edited:
Yea let’s criticise the sub… who has literally done nothing.
You're words...
Not mine...

He's done literally nothing all season so why would he start today off the bench...save for the fact they had to get Collard off he'd still be in his tracksuit

Do we EVER see any of our forwards use the hands in the back to hold out defenders to take marks. Our skills right across all facets of the game are terrible, the more I see the more I believe its really poor coaching. Lyon is so concerned with our structures and our ball movement he has over looked working on our basic skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back