Votes: 24 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The stars are aligning:

2006 AFL Finals Series
Qualifying Final 1 - Saturday, September 9
West Coast Eagles vs. Sydney Swans (DS)

Semi-Final 1 - Saturday, September 16
West Coast Eagles vs. Western Bulldogs (DS)

Preliminary Final 2 - Saturday, September 23
Adelaide Crows vs. West Coast Eagles (AS)

Grand Final - Saturday, September 30
Sydney Swans vs. West Coast Eagles (MCG)

2017 AFL Finals Series
Elimination Final 1 - Saturday, September 9
Port Adelaide vs. West Coast Eagles (AO)

Semi-Final 1 - Saturday, September 16
GWS Giants vs. West Coast Eagles (SPO)

Preliminary Final 2 - Saturday, September 23
Richmond vs. West Coast Eagles (MCG)

Grand Final - Saturday, September 30
Adelaide Crows/Sydney Swans/Geelong Cats vs. West Coast Eagles (MCG)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On talking footy they were talking about players that should have big finals series. they talked about charlie dixon and then turned their attention to Jack Darling. I think as a team its important we get Jack into the game early. Should also be given an instruction to go hard and the footy and at the ball. JD seems to play his best footy when he does that.

I think we'll turn up, but as ever the question is whether we can sustain the intensity. We showed signs last week of stepping up, but against a team with everything to play for it's a different matter. Hinkley will have Port working extremely hard to cover for the missing defenders by locking the ball in their forward half.

Hopefully the influence of Mitchell will help us improve at stoppages against Ryder in our 3rd attempt this year... Need Shuey to find that beast finals mode.

JK in compared to last time we played them will be the difference. We looked all over the shop with us playing a cooked Lycett partnering up with Vardy which didn't work. Gov was played as a forward which to me doesnt really work as it left Mckenzie and Barrass exposed at times. I feel Mckenzie is in some better form as is Barrass so those two along with Gov should get a handle on the talls they have.

JK in compared to last time we played them will be the difference. We looked all over the shop with us playing a cooked Lycett partnering up with Vardy which didn't work. Gov was played as a forward which to me doesnt really work as it left Mckenzie and Barrass exposed at times. I feel Mckenzie is in some better form as is Barrass so those two along with Gov should get a handle on the talls they have.
They have their 2 best kpd out too

It was interesting reading the interview with Vardy in the West today. He commented on the intensity of training and the match simulation last week and this week. This wasn't the case last year. I suspect that this had been the outcome of the review of the disaster of a final last year. I think we have a differ attitude towards the bye this year. Port went on holiday for a few days last week. We haven't made that mistake again. We should win with that attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey is there any after club function for members or doesn't that happen anymore
Not for this game.

There is a event before the game. Nibbles and drinks in some fancy room.
$300. Includes your ticket to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Elimination Final: West Coast Vs Port Adelaide

Back