• No

Votes: 22 13.9%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Why is this even a question?

Votes: 24 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, even the spectacle of Port getting thumped couldn't alleviate the anger of losing.
If, one week later, if you're still upset at losing a game of footy - I'd suggest getting out and about :D

It's only footy, can't lose sight of that CM9000

If, one week later, if you're still upset at losing a game of footy - I'd suggest getting out and about :D

It's only footy, can't lose sight of that CM9000

In the hypothetical situation that we lose, my melt would probably be the single longest piece of writing in human history.

After that though, I'd be good.

EDIT: In all seriousness though I won't be upset for too long. Got some nice stuff to look forward to next week, so I'll hopefully have it off my mind sooner rather then later.

Last edited:

In the hypothetical situation that we lose, my melt would probably be the single longest piece of writing in human history.

After that though, I'd be good.

Sounding a little like a superior writing silly fellow CM :)

silly fellow..funny

"Jake looked good, but he has been crook since we named him - which is unfortunate. A lot of our first year players have been unlucky." AS

So Venables had a delayed start, was getting close to a debut then got his foot trodden on by an assistant coach, correct?

Rioli is fat and was/is also getting close to a game but hamstring problems and match fitness means he'll likely miss out.

Waterman has been injured for most of the season and then gets named, only to come down with the flu and miss out.

Watson dominated his first 4 WAFL games averaging roughly 27 touches, 5 tackles a game before getting injured for a month. Came back but wasn't the same, didn't get over 19 touches again for the rest of the year.

So Rotham is the only one of the 2016 draft crop who has had a real run at it? 16 WAFL appearances all up, 3 in the reserves.

Great write-up op (not)

I still expect to flat track bully you given you're not a true top 8 team

You're pretty funny. Did you know that?

Considering the only top 8 side you've beaten this year was us (without our two best players to boot) and you've had double up games against Brisbane, Collingwood and Gold Coast this season i think it's pretty obvious who the real pretenders are.

At least you know you're flat trackers though.

You're no Adelaide Crows that's for damn sure.

I saw Rioli eating HJ's at the airport, and he was looking south east

With HJ's back as a major sponsor, Rioli's going to be ****ed - seriously. I ate HJs twice in the last fortnight and it's been easily a year before that.

I hope we ****ing beat this pathetic mob. Cannot stand the club, the players (past or present....maybe Ryder), the supporters, the media circle jerk. Priddis/Mitchell to love the narrow ground and our HBL to rebound well. West Coast by 13.

Gotta keep a few spares back to prevent them getting over the back of us in rebounds. Slow down play to prevent quick clearances. Use height to our advantage.

The chance is a bonus, but I hope we take it seriously, and not content ourselves with simply getting there. We can do this. Beat Port and we have a chance against a lacklustre GWS. Getting ahead of myself, but getting into a prelim isn't that far fetched imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have already won their premiership by finishing top 4, they'll be disinterested, Gws will bring Steve J in to their peril, Adelaide lost Smith and didn't look that flash tbh, Port haven't played a pressure game all year, Geelong are hanging on to Dangers coattails, who will be buggered by the prelims, Sydney-Eagles GF it is! And Sydney have had their Bradbury already with Buddy winning the Coleman from JJK's stumble, it's our turn dammit!
Darling Norm Smith why the hell not.
#whatarewepretending?
#inthebagbaby

Richmond have already won their premiership by finishing top 4, they'll be disinterested, Gws will bring Steve J in to their peril, Adelaide lost Smith and didn't look that flash tbh, Port haven't played a pressure game all year, Geelong are hanging on to Dangers coattails, who will be buggered by the prelims, Sydney-Eagles GF it is! And Sydney have had their Bradbury already with Buddy winning the Coleman from JJK's stumble, it's our turn dammit!
#whatarewepretending?
#inthebagbaby
It's not as far away as it seems. Our potential games are all very winnable. Only stumbling block would be the prelim at the G. Although IIRC same thing happened last year. "We'll roll over the Bulldogs then face a Hawks side on the slide and we're into a prelim" we all know the end to that story

I feel like we are going to have a distinct advantage based on Port's key position players.
For their backs they have selected Tom Clurey (193cm, 40 games), Dougal Howard (199cm, 9 games) and Riley Bonner (191cm, 3 games).
I assume they will go Clurey on Darling, Howard on Kennedy and Bonner on the resting ruckman/McGovern (if thrown forward).
Don't think Howard is the choice for Kennedy and can see him kicking a bag.
Then at the other end they have Charlie Dixon (200cm, 105 games, 170 goals) and Todd Marshall (199cm, 2 games, 1 goal).
The only other legitimate talls they can play forward is either Westhoff (currently named on the wing) or Ryder (starting ruck).
Mackenzie is the logical match up for Dixon and Barrass should match up on Marshall.
This will allow McGovern to zone off to intercept mark.
I would back Mackenzie (on current form) to keep Dixon to 3 goals or less with minimal marking influence around the ground.
On this basis I think it'll be up to their small forwards/mids to kick at least 10 goals between them.
This is absolutely possible but the above does make me feel much better about the game considering the huge lack of experience of their key defenders.

#whatarewepretending?
#inthebagbaby
where have you been nostradarmous

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2nd Elimination Final: West Coast Vs Port Adelaide

Back