Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If caddy is out injured then why was he labelled as omitted?
He was dropped which I don’t agree with.
BUT...Martin playing forward will give Fagan nightmares tonight. If he does get any sleep, which is doubtful, he will have nightmares.
I agree mate Caddy proven finals performer.

I understand Richmond want Chol to support Nank in the ruck.
I have watched Chol contest ruck contests and he is sh*t scared of getting injured.
Watched his performance against Adelaide he was playing from behind in every contest.
We won the 2017 Premiership with one recognized ruckman.
We need him as a ruck chop out and 2nd tall. He helps Nank and Jack enough that it's worth playing him over Caddy

Agree that Chol was not great last game but we need the height so that Andrews has to make a choice between sticking with his man or going the intercept.

Right call IMO

Feel for Jack Ross - reckon he is just starting to feel like he belongs.
But no other option though....
I agree Jack Ross was on fire last year before he got injured.
He was finally finding his feet this year.
I feel for the kid, he has talent.

Thought caddy would have been an absolute lock, considering lynch and chols performance last week.
In saying that, gotta back in the 2 time premiership coach.

We need a second ruck *AND* another Key Forward.

Given that, Chol was always likely to get the nod.

If it was just one of those, we might have been willing to put a make shift option, but when we're needing BOTH of those, Chol had to be a near certainty.

Caddy and Ross are both unlucky, but....somebody had to be.

Rioli, George and aarts are my real worry. Need a big lift from all 3
Yeah agree. Aarts has been actually quite consistant & works hard up the ground.
Rioli is my biggest worry. George needs to play away from goals & seems more valuable chopping out at half back or on the wing

Yeah agree. Aarts has been actually quite consistant & works hard up the ground.
Rioli is my biggest worry. George needs to play away from goals & seems more valuable chopping out at half back or on the wing
I agree keep George away from the goals.
Useless set shot for goal.
We let our best small foward go to StKilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty harsh on Chol's first half, but remember before the game thinking he was playing on Talia one of the best stoppers in the last 10 years so I wasn't expecting much. Andrews will peel off to help Riewoldt's man, so like Lynch last time he might get lucky. Hope he proves us all wrong.

Chol needs to do these things:

- First and foremost, be physical wherever he can, don't be pushed around nor outmarked.
- At least get the ball to ground in the forward 50.
- Use his agility to run off his opponent whenever he can, especially getting out the back.
- Provide a contest down the line.
- Give Nank a chop out for 15-20% game time.

If he can be confident and have a real crack, do those things, and maybe even get a chance to go above and beyond and show us that trick bag we occasionally see, he'll be a solid player for us for tomorrow. If he manages a goal or two as well, perfect.

Chol needs to do these things:

- First and foremost, be physical wherever he can, don't be pushed around nor outmarked.
- At least get the ball to ground in the forward 50.
- Use his agility to run off his opponent whenever he can, especially getting out the back.
- Provide a contest down the line.
- Give Nank a chop out for 15-20% game time.

If he can be confident and have a real crack, do those things, and maybe even get a chance to go above and beyond and show us that trick bag we occasionally see, he'll be a solid player for us for tomorrow. If he manages a goal or two as well, perfect.
He's not physical. It won't happen.
He isn't a kpf.
He's a tall athletic not much.

We missed a trick here. Board in. Chol out. Balta to be 2nd forward and ruck. At least he has substance

He's not physical. It won't happen.
He isn't a kpf.
He's a tall athletic not much.

We missed a trick here. Board in. Chol out. Balta to be 2nd forward and ruck. At least he has substance
Mate you are spot on.
You should be on the selection panel.

I understand Richmond want Chol to support Nank in the ruck.
I have watched Chol contest ruck contests and he is sh*t scared of getting injured.
Watched his performance against Adelaide he was playing from behind in every contest.
We won the 2017 Premiership with one recognized ruckman.

First half he wasn't good second half was ok lets hope a rocket from Dimma wakes him up.

Yes, the return of Prestia and Bolton is great news.
Brisbane is a pacier side than most, so it was sensible to omit a forward.

Agree that Chol was not great last game but we need the height so that Andrews has to make a choice between sticking with his man or going the intercept.

Right call IMO

Feel for Jack Ross - reckon he is just starting to feel like he belongs.
But no other option though....

Yep. Poor Rossy. Missed out on a VFL and AFL flag last year. No VFL this year and most likely will miss out on a premiership this year due to our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back