Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mav Weller and Bailey Rice have both taken to Twitter to advocate for Webster's inclusion in the team. I've always been a big fan, love his pace, toughness, kicking, marking, and would expect him to play like he has a massive point to prove... but he has barely been in the frame all year and can't even remember the last time he was an emergency.
Well that's it , Webster must play if those Two say so LOL

Mav Weller and Bailey Rice have both taken to Twitter to advocate for Webster's inclusion in the team. I've always been a big fan, love his pace, toughness, kicking, marking, and would expect him to play like he has a massive point to prove... but he has barely been in the frame all year and can't even remember the last time he was an emergency.
Think he is the better of the left field suggestions.

There are a number of people who believe Richmond are worried about our speed.
I’m thinking Marsh and Hind. Marsh gives a chop out in the middle for a few minutes a quarter and acts purely as a follower.
Having leg speed is only beneficial if you can actually get the ball in the first place , Marsh has had a few cracks as a mid and he has done nothing , if he plays it has to be as a backman and hinds form was beyond woeful , how could you pick him ?

Having leg speed is only beneficial if you can actually get the ball in the first place , Marsh has had a few cracks as a mid and he has done nothing , if he plays it has to be as a backman and hinds form was beyond woeful , how could you pick him ?
I think Marsh is more likely to play forward with Marshall doing the bulk of the ruck work. He can be swung back if needed.

Nick hind ,

DescriptionDateOpponentResultKHBDMGBTHOGAI50CLCGR50FFFAAFSC
Round 17​
Sep 10​
4​
3​
7​
0​
0​
1​
4​
0​
0​
2​
2​
1​
0​
0​
1​
32​
51​
Round 14​
Aug 29​
1​
4​
5​
2​
0​
0​
2​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​
25​
29​
Round 13​
Aug 23​
3​
4​
7​
1​
0​
0​
4​
0​
0​
1​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
34​
46​
Round 12​
Aug 16​
7​
0​
7​
4​
1​
1​
2​
0​
0​
1​
0​
1​
0​
0​
1​
45​
61​
Round 11​
Aug 10​
Cats
5​
3​
8​
0​
0​
1​
1​
0​
0​
1​
0​
0​
0​
1​
0​
27​
30​

I think Marsh is more likely to play forward with Marshall doing the bulk of the ruck work. He can be swung back if needed.
They will have Caddy , J Roo, Lynch and Dusty at times forward , we are going to need some big bodies back there and he really hasn't proved he can kick goals

Yep but unfortunately both Kent & Hind have only kicked one goal each from their past six games.
Marsh makes the most sense as Ratten sees him as a forward and he can pinch hit for Marshall for a few minutes.
The alternative is Abbot and that seems horrid.

Hind and Kent are unfortunately the best of what we have left. Maybe they choose Parker. But he isn’t any better and doesn’t offer anything up the ground.

bringing in Bytel or Dunstan doesn’t add a strength for us. I would also be panicked if Roberton is the inclusion. He would surely have to play tall and that’s going to hurt us.

my opinion is to fightfire with fire here and double down. We are down key players who would all make a difference. So back what strength we have. Ball movement and speed. Back ourselves to cause a turnover and win the one on ones. Then break. Hill Kent Hind Butler Lonie Jones, Sinclair and Billings for foot skills and Hunter and Coffield rebounding.

Steele Hanners and Ross need to control the inside game, but that is also the strength we gain from Marshall -as we lose Ryders tap dominance. Wilkie and Howard need to break even.

JWeb has only been in full training the last 4-6 weeks after an injury I think. Looks fit and was named in the bests in the last scratch match highlighting his precision kicking. If fit and in form, out of Savage and Jimmy I would go with Jimmy. Harder at the ball, better defensively and hits up targets. Not bagging out Savage by saying this. I just rate JWeb highly

I think we do 1 of 2 things

Robbo in for Carlisle and battle in for Ryder, Wilkie on Riewoldt but then need robbo to play on Riewoldt when dusty comes deep and Wilkie goes to him . Battle up forward playing Marshall’s role

Battle in for Carlisle playing the role mentioned for robbo above , marsh in for Ryder playing the role mentioned for battle above .

Those are the only 2 options I see us doing .. ****ed if battle isn’t ready

Really hurts not having a vfl season because if vfl form was up you’d have a lot more confidence bringing in say a Joyce or an Austin which would be more suited to the type of role we need someone to come in and play but you can’t trust it without real match indicators .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JWeb has only been in full training the last 4-6 weeks after an injury I think. Looks fit and was named in the bests in the last scratch match highlighting his precision kicking. If fit and in form, out of Savage and Jimmy I would go with Jimmy. Harder at the ball, better defensively and hits up targets. Not bagging out Savage by saying this. I just rate JWeb highly

Webster plays a lot like Long.

Doesn't bode well for Oscar Clavarino's standing that he isn't even in the discussion.
I still think he is worth giving one more year. Hard or a young key position player to develop in these scratch matches.

But bringing in a key defender for his first game in a cut throat final against the reigning premier whose legacy is on the line.... it would take a very very brave or stupid coach to pull that trigger.

Maybe I’m soft, but I don’t see how charging off the square to bump helps. Does anyone else in the comp do it? Charge off the square to tackle, sure.
I don't think it's that simple.
You have a split second to decide and so many variables in play.

Longy is also lighter in frame than the inside mids he's targeting, so a front on tackle at full speed would see him KO'd and bones broken, so it's appropriate to bump in that situation.

The tactic of using Long in this way is a good one.
It's a weapon at Ratt's disposal, and it's his call as to how it's used.

If anything, Long's last comeback demonstrated that he needs to play on the edge to produce the goods.

His aim and discretion will improve with time, and till then you back him in, and you back the coach.

Replacing Ryder seems obvious: Battle if fit, Marsh is Battle not fit.

Carlisle is not as straightforward: we don't really have another tall defender unless Battle goes back there (if he plays), and Richmond will probably only have Lynch and Riewoldt. Can you get away with Wilkie on Riewoldt and Howard on Lynch? Then if you do, does Geary go back there as there appears to be no obvious defensive forward role for him in this game?

A whole lot of stuff to be worked out here. But I think the replacements will be from Battle and last week's emergencies (Savage, Roberton, Marsh, Hind).

At his best he’s definitely a better defender than Savage, in fact at his best he’s probably better offensively as well.

Although thinking of it, with the Tigers threatening smalls throwing Geary back might be the go.

It would be quite mean and nasty for someone to say they hope Lynch does play and that his hamstring pings in the first 10 minutes.

I’m not mean and nasty.

So can someone on here who is mean and nasty please say it for me?

I hope he does a hammy at 4.30 in the morning in a kebab shop fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back