Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? All the ones who have done exactly the same and got a fine were white. Hawkins punches a bloke in the face, fine.

Long is indigenous gets banned when white players dont.

Certainly doesn’t help when some in the media are calling him a “maniac”.

Hopefully Ratts can get the boys to bottle the anger around this ludicrous decision and unleash it on Friday night with devastating impact.
Whole family are Dogs fans, I live in Altona 2016 was great for my family and District.

I am jealous is all.

Yeah, imagine if someone had bumped Steele and he played out the match without injury. I'd be wanting severe justice. I want Wallis charged for nearly doing Howards ACL by yanking his arm. Should be a 2 week ban next season.
What about Heath Shaw diving into Butlers legs last week to stop the fast break. Literally didn’t hear anything about that whatsoever. Butler could’ve done his ACL ffs! Which is worse than concussion in terms of games missed.

The AFL have now set a big precedence, and would want to uphold this in the seasons to come. Because they have now made it clear it’s not based on action or injury, instead its based on the look and what if scenario.

Clavarino is coming along really well , he’s still a baby , learning developing.

Look at Doedee as example for mine .

Logan Austin is for me a player who we select as a forward , purely because of size & mobility.
for a suprise that Tigers wouldn’t plan around at this stage.
Marsh & Roberton ......down back .
Thanks for that. I saw Austin went forward in a scratch match and kicked a few. Mature guy now. And glad to hear about Clavarino. Was hoping he'd turn out well.

Oh yeh 100%. We can win and I’ll hope we do but we will, rightly, start as huge underdogs.
There is no doubt you guys are a chance ... you have form against us... for the record I thought Long would get Off as the bulldogs player got up and played on ... but it’s a lottery these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope as a club we move on from the Long, Ryder and Carlisle situation quickly. It’s a brutal sport, you have to.

We have a massive opportunity on Friday. Even when we were crap, we troubled the Tigers. We are not crap anymore.

We beat them earlier this year without Ryder.

Pump Roma up to have the game of his life. He’s good enough to be the difference in this game for us.

Select players based on speed, and pressure them like hell.

If we get caught up in the disappointments from the weekend (watching 360, that’s all they focused on, instead of a brilliant win), we’ll have lost before we even get out there.

Last edited:
As in, the next hearing in the Long case Joff?
I don’t think I’ve ever heard them use precedence in mro or tribunal??
Probably wrong though - I’m pretty emotional (hopefully our club is playing it cooler than me) so I can’t recall

You're not wrong, so few actually challenge if you look at the history since the MRP existed that statistically; you could drop your pants, play with yourself, zip up, and still come out smiling when your opposite has a powerpoint presentation, video, eye witness accounts and recordings of an event happen.

It's like 120 odd cases, 3 appeals upheld.

It's also why I said earlier in the week that it's a shit system, but it's all we have. Everyone just cops it as it's easier than putting up with a kangaroo court.

Strong words from Lethers indicating we will likely appeal. Win or lose it's great to have leaders at the club that just won't roll over any more.

We are a different club these days and I love it.
Wait, we can appeal the tribunal decision as well? I thought we could only appeal the MRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back