Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a like for like IMO other than they both play on a back flank.

Long is more defensive than Savage and much more inside than outside.

Webster probably closer to a like for like but has not played AFL footy for so long.
I'd be worried about Webster's body breaking down without having played a real game since early last year.

And with how long he has been in the rehab group, how much practise has he had alongside Coffield, Howard, Wilkie etc. At least Savage has been around the them and training with them in drills that he would have a better understanding of how they play.

If I was looking to bring someone in who you know will have a genuine finals footy last man standing crack at it, but hasn't had much game time this year it would in this order

Dunstan
Marsh
Parker
Webster
McKenzie
I was keen for Dunstan to come back in before knew Hanners would come back and have an impact, but I just can't see where he fits in now.

We are losing a ruck, a back flank and a KPP.

Dunstan plays midfield and midfield only and wouldn't be in our stating midfield.

I'd much prefer to give that time he has in there to Hunter Clark to be honest.

I was keen for Dunstan to come back in before knew Hanners would come back and have an impact, but I just can't see where he fits in now.

Dunstan plays midfield and midfield only and wouldn't be in our stating midfield.

I like spook, but agree. Our midfield will be Ross, Jones, Steele with Clark, Sincs and Hanners rotating thru. If we bring in another mid they would have to be effective rotating to another position as well.

In: Webster, Marsh, Battle
Out: Long, Ryder, Carlisle

Marsh and Battle to switch between CHB and CHF throughout the game, depending on output. Webster much more accountable defensively than Savage and I feel he deserves to play a finals game for all the shit years he’s gone through at this club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Against a team whose strength is their midfield and run and carry I don't think you can have enough mids. Give me Dunstan's 20 disposals over Marsh's typical 8 or 9.

For that matter Bytel as well.

Sure we'll go in a lot smaller but we have to try something different if we want to pull off the miracle win. Have faith in Roma to carry us to a Prelim

Marsh is a really upbeat player too. He's got some crazy amounts of enthusiasm and looks like the kind of guy that needs to get a bit more self belief to hit his peak. Having already gone well against Richmond you'd think he'd be a bit more confident. I reckon young guys would walk taller behind the the Techno Viking too.
Marsh resembles a team mascot more than one of the players. I like him. He'd be fun to play alongside.

I'd be worried about Webster's body breaking down without having played a real game since early last year.

And with how long he has been in the rehab group, how much practise has he had alongside Coffield, Howard, Wilkie etc. At least Savage has been around the them and training with them in drills that he would have a better understanding of how they play.
There's a fair chance Geary goes back though.

So he'd slip into Longs role.

Outside of that, is prefer we take a risk on Robbo than Savage.

It's an unlikely win, might as well take a risk and hope it pays off.

Against a team whose strength is their midfield and run and carry I don't think you can have enough mids. Give me Dunstan's 20 disposals over Marsh's typical 8 or 9.

For that matter Bytel as well.

Sure we'll go in a lot smaller but we have to try something different if we want to pull off the miracle win. Have faith in Roma to carry us to a Prelim
Where are you going to play Dunstan and Bytel when Steele, Jones, Ross, Hanners and Clark are in the middle though?

Even Sinclair has been effective in there.

Marsh can play as a KPP if needed.

Against a team whose strength is their midfield and run and carry I don't think you can have enough mids. Give me Dunstan's 20 disposals over Marsh's typical 8 or 9....

Yes and Dunstan rotates thru midfield so Clark goes back to cover for Long (if req) and give some of that drive off h/b.
Critical to win between the arcs.

I would have Kent replaced by Hind - speed

Need someone to engage that Constanza fellow.....

Last edited:
There's a fair chance Geary goes back though.

So he'd slip into Longs role.

Outside of that, is prefer we take a risk on Robbo than Savage.

It's an unlikely win, might as well take a risk and hope it pays off.
Geary back with Hind coming in would be a good option.

Under the presumption it is Marsh coming in for Ryder, that would be one very quick forward line which would worry Richmond and how we beat them earlier in the year.

All Wheatley said was that there are too many puzzle pieces missing.

Not sure how you can argue against that.

They got smashed in the ruck, they need another one to go with English.

Saints took the most contested marks all year. They clearly need another key back.

And the fact that 5 of their 9 goals cake from free kicks shows they don't have enough fire power up forward.

They have the talent, they just play it all wrong.

Naughton to CHB, Bruce and English forward, Trengove into the ruck.

Instantly better team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't really matter what positions we are losing - its the best available to come back in. Played short in defence against WC - may go the same way again.

We won't bring in Abbott simply because we lost a ruckman - could use Battle, Marsh or Wilkie to fill in.

As I said in the post - if we are simply looking for someone who has not played much this season but you know will give 100%, heart on the sleeve finals effort Dunny is my first choice.

So people’s sources saying he hasn’t trained at all and our coach and other club officials are saying he’s training well and a massive chance.

Someone’s telling porky pies
Ok you caught me out

They have the talent, they just play it all wrong.

Naughton to CHB, Bruce and English forward, Trengove into the ruck.

Instantly better team.
I have been enjoying some of their supporters being adamant that Bruce must play back next year.

Little do they know thats how he actually gets worse!

Carlisle won't be back because all of NSW is still a COVID hotspot to Queensland, and re-entering Queensland from there requires you to quarantine for 14 days.

Our prelim would be in SA... who have opened borders up to NSW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FMD Tony Liberatore (not sure if father or son) rang up Whately whinging and complaining about his assessment of the Dogs.

What a dickhead, only lost because of Cordy and kept saying 'what would you say if we had of won'

Well Libba (as I said not sure if it was the dirty gouging one, or the drugged f*cked one) you didn't win, you were lucky with the umpires, won 1 game in 8 against the top 8, haven't been top 4 in 10 years, haven't won a final since 2016 (not a bad one to win BTW), Bruce is a bust, Keath is ordinary, and you get by on your players diving and flopping for frees.

Oh and Ratts revealed that Beveridge didn't give Geary a vote. What piss weak whingers the Bulldogs STILL are :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did you hear the one very salty text, giving Gerard a real go, which he read out?
It was very funny.

If I was looking to bring someone in who you know will have a genuine finals footy last man standing crack at it, but hasn't had much game time this year it would in this order

Dunstan
Marsh
Parker
Webster
McKenzie
They look like 5 blokes that would have played in our famous 1985 side

For mine its

Marsh, Savage & Battle

Or

Marsh, Savage & Roberton

Marsh plays back in option 1, forward in option 2.

Battle deep forward if he’s fit.

Robbo to free up Coff if Battle is no good.

Sav was pretty good in the one game he played... took some great intercept marks & defended well.

I don’t think Ratts will risk Webby... love the bloke but he’s been out too long to risk. Dunstan? Can’t see it happening.

Our prelim would be in SA... who have opened borders up to NSW.

Right you are...

But Jake wouldn't be able to train with the team until they arrived in SA. The way he was talking in that video the club put out definitely sounded like it was his last game for the year.

I have been enjoying some of their supporters being adamant that Bruce must play back next year.

Little do they know thats how he actually gets worse!

They've been sucked into Naughton's forward line purple patch in the same way the Dees did with Tom McDonald.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back