Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor ray “holding. Richmond” in that tone that sounds like he’s scolding his son.

As a mate, I bloody feel for Hind.
If there were no injuries, he almost comes in for Kent this week who has been poor for a while. But for the sake of stability he’ll miss.
Wish he’d taken his chances more when he had them, but I don’t think his form has been too dissimilar to Kent all year.
Hopefully he gets another look in next week.

If there were no injuries, he almost comes in for Kent this week who has been poor for a while. But for the sake of stability he’ll miss.
Wish he’d taken his chances more when he had them, but I don’t think his form has been too dissimilar to Kent all year.

Though Hind's last 5 games were not that flash either. Being a final against the physical Tiges Kent also has the advantage of a bigger body and a lot more experience, both of which are an asset in the heat of a tough game.

Of course, but you need to take your chances. That's life. I hope this will spur him to have a really big preseason so that he can produce more consistent and productive footy next year. Certainly has some serious weapons at his disposal.

Of course, but you need to take your chances. That's life. I hope this will spur him to have a really big preseason so that he can produce more consistent and productive footy next year. Certainly has some serious weapons at his disposal.
Agree. But he has to get a contract first. Fingers crossed.

You have it in for Savage. Savage has been the better more consistent player over his career. Roberton the best of them but he looked so far off it round one I think the game might have slipped past him. Savage looks in magnificent condition and has been playing well in the scratches. He looks the safe option to me and pretty similar in style to what Long plays as that ball mover from the back flank.

I think its ironic the knock on here about Savage's kicking when in fact he is in fact one of the best kicks in the team. I get the whole "stop bombing it long and lower your eyes" argument but I prefer that over players who can't hit a target 20 metres away. And we still have guys that do that too often.

Don't forget Savage came to us as a winger/half forward who could snag a long goal. Maybe we need to use him as an offensive weapon not a defensive one.

Hind does play some good footy, but consistency is a bit of a weakness.

The only up side will be if St Kilda lose he won't get all the shit piled on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Marsh, Battle and Savage in for Ryder, Carlisle and Long this is one very quick and hard running St Kilda team.

Happy with those changes if that's what they will be, I reckon they are our best options in terms of physicality, versatility and speed.

Roberton and Webster are too much of a risk after missing so much footy at AFL level and Hind is too much of a risk of going missing in the heat of a final.

As much as it was a shame that Long couldn't get his ban overturned the inclusion of Savage could end up being a win for us. he isn't as physical as Long but he has some other strengths like his long penetrating kicking which could be very useful, on top of that he will be desperate to take his chance and play well in order to stay on our list for next year. If he ends up playing a blinder and helps to win us the game it could create a selection dilemma with Long being available again.

Sav could be an inspired choice. His long kicking to clear their zone when they push up and get us some cheapies out the back.

Force the midfield turnover. Hand to Sav on the outside to clear their defensive line Nd watch as Butler etc run the ball home for us

Happy with those changes if that's what they will be, I reckon they are our best options in terms of physicality, versatility and speed.

Roberton and Webster are too much of a risk after missing so much footy at AFL level and Hind is too much of a risk of going missing in the heat of a final.

As much as it was a shame that Long couldn't get his ban overturned the inclusion of Savage could end up being a win for us. he isn't as physical as Long but he has some other strengths like his long penetrating kicking which could be very useful, on top of that he will be desperate to take his chance and play well in order to stay on our list for next year. If he ends up playing a blinder and helps to win us the game it could create a selection dilemma with Long being available again.
I think it's almost certain that's who will come in. Not a bad replacement lot either. This game wasn't made for someone like Paddy (didn't play in our Rd 4 win against Richmond) so the only real loss has been Carlisle. Battle can cover that.

like the in's thought savage was unlucky to be dropped, he did very well when he played this year. battle obviously been good.

marsh doing well for a guy some think isn't AFL quality. going to play a semi final!!!! hopefully has a great game!

I reckon it's a joke how dismissive the media is about our chances against the Tigers. It's like our easy victory over them earlier in the year never happened or it was against an injury ravaged opponent. For the record Lynch and Riewoldt played up forward, Grimes, Vlastuin and Houli down back. They had Dusty, Cotchin, Edwards and Prestia in their midfield and Nankervis in the ruck. In short no one of significance was out of their team. We didn't have Ryder.

I hope Ratts has gone through that game over and again and told the boys we are going to take exactly the same plan and mindset into tomorrow's game. If we do some people might be in for a big surprise because in that case we are more than a fluker's chance.

Bring it on.

Fingers and toes crossed that Battle is fine on game night. Those changes are the best we could do in the circumstances.

I like the team as named on the field too - not sure if they'll stick with it but I would start Marsh down back and Battle up forward with the idea of switching Battle to CHB and Marsh to pressure / tagging forward if our defence starts getting pinged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back