WSYD 2nd Sydney team jumper designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, yes, but let's give the folks of Western Sydney a little credit also. I'm sure they're capable of following a team with colours other than blue.

Sky blue? :confused:

Indeed we are, but one of the biggest liabilities of the Australian football is that it is not seen as a genuine Sydney code. The name and colour coding has the potential to erode that liability. There is a good reason why Sydney FC chose the colours they did. There is a good reason why the Warratahs play in the colours they do. If you want to disregard the Sydney population, then the Sydney population will simply disregard the club.

By choosing blues, the club is immediately defining itself with colours that have an association with NSW, and which people in NSW have already built up an appreciation for. If you go back in this thread, you will see that some have created good designs using these colours.

WestSydney will be the AFL's waterloo . . . spreading themselves too thin and then league will take over in Melbourne. Bam.

I'm increasingly thinking Stallions is a good name. When you think stallions, you think of a strong, virile male animal. The sizeable Middle Eastern population of Western Sydney will identify with it well, given the very long historical connection between Middle Easterners and the horse.

But of course the horse was also extremely significant to Australia's own history.

"Stallion" also has underlying sexual connotations that may appeal to Sydney's sizeable homosexual community also. Just some thoughts...

Stealing some ideas and using some of my own.

West Sydney Bushrangers

Colours are a dark blue, a sky blue, and orange to break it up a bit (and to use a colour that hasn't been used yet.)

Using the basic W design someone used earlier in the thread. Using it with 3 colours gives an interesting, but still simple and strong design. Away guernsey is basically a white version.

Home

Away

Liking this W incorporation into the design. Very modern yet with the traditional block of colours. Gradients dont belong on footy guernseys.

Liking this W incorporation into the design. Very modern yet with the traditional block of colours. Gradients dont belong on footy guernseys.

Hear, hear. Not a bad design, even though it sounds like they are (sensibly) likely to avoid explicit mention of "West Sydney".

based on NFL's St. Louis Rams.
wsrguernseymy5.png

calling them the rams actually works because there is a sydney rep team called teh sydney rams. they could be the west sydney feeder team.

They could probably sponsor them, but it'd be a little excluding of the other teams in the Sydney leagues. Ie, there are a lot of teams dubbed the Swans, but all of them are included in the Paul Kelly cup so as not to exclude or preferentialise a certain team.

The reserves would most probably have a team in the ACTAFL, which would make it a little easier as two of their teams have just merged. More byes though :thumbsdown:

calling them the rams actually works because there is a sydney rep team called teh sydney rams. they could be the west sydney feeder team.

That name stems from the U18 NSW/ACT team, and was chosen for:
Riverina
ACT
Murrumbigdee
Sydney

It would seem a bit weird for this name to be used by a specifically West Sydney team, but names do these things.

Perhaps more relevant is the fact that "West Sydney Rams" was the name of a team in last year's rugby championship.

They could probably sponsor them, but it'd be a little excluding of the other teams in the Sydney leagues. Ie, there are a lot of teams dubbed the Swans, but all of them are included in the Paul Kelly cup so as not to exclude or preferentialise a certain team.

The reserves would most probably have a team in the ACTAFL, which would make it a little easier as two of their teams have just merged. More byes though :thumbsdown:

i hate that act comp that the swans play in. i dont see why the swans cant split players into the sydney league. its what happens in brisbane and its a much more even comp. the swans win all their games like 200-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i hate that act comp that the swans play in. i dont see why the swans cant split players into the sydney league. its what happens in brisbane and its a much more even comp. the swans win all their games like 200-1.
Not too much anymore, actually. They've lost 2 weeks ago and came back to win last week. Many of the players that dominated the competition (Phillips, Malceski, Bird, Grundy, Moore, Barlow, Jack, Rowe) have either been delisted or promoted to the senior team, which considerably weakens the ressies.

They're going alright, but I'm now convinced the Canberra league is not 'weak' and although it may not be as strong as the VFL affiliates, it has produced some very grounded players in Malceski, Jack, Barlow, Moore and Bird who have all developed to be, or are looking towards being AFL competent and beyond.

Not too much anymore, actually. They've lost 2 weeks ago and came back to win last week. Many of the players that dominated the competition (Phillips, Malceski, Bird, Grundy, Moore, Barlow, Jack, Rowe) have either been delisted or promoted to the senior team, which considerably weakens the ressies.

They're going alright, but I'm now convinced the Canberra league is not 'weak' and although it may not be as strong as the VFL affiliates, it has produced some very grounded players in Malceski, Jack, Barlow, Moore and Bird who have all developed to be, or are looking towards being AFL competent and beyond.

However weak they are or aren't, a comp shouldn't have one team with AFL-club listed players and other teams with none. Hopefully with a second NSW team, there will be enough listed talent thrown into the pool to spread them throughout a league, whether that's in Canberra or Sydney.

No, only sky blue will work. Vlad said the communities will have a say in the building of the new clubs. Anything but light blue will not work, it's Sydney/NSW culture.

I like it too. Rams, while not something native is something that outer Sydney and regional centres were probably originally built on - the wool industry. Plus you could have the added bonus of the association with NSW and ACT.

Mountaineers? It's different, but they won't go for it. Your design is a bit bland too. Nice try though.

No green for the new teams, save that for a possible Tassie team.

Gold Coast- Black, Gold, White and/or orange

West Sydney- Powder blue, white, Navy blue

Remove this Banner Ad

WSYD 2nd Sydney team jumper designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back