WSYD 2nd Sydney team jumper designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Resembles to much of north and collingwood.

Hence the away strip, which, although very different, combines the two blues.

ws3.gif

I was considering everything thats been mentioned so far, and have come up with a design that ties in all aspects

West Sydney Pythons

ws.png

- the mascot is not in use at top level to my knowledge
- the W and the python's fangs are represented in the jumper design
- there should be no need for a clash jumper
- uses the NSW typical blue for its primary colour
- diamond pythons are common in the area (see here)

I also liked the name "Eastern Creeks Pythons" as it is may be a more popular name amongst the locals, but the "W" worked so well with the fangs

Please post any of your own designs and feel free to endorse mine (ok, you can criticise it too)
I like it. Very innovative. Take a bow. :)

I like the black and sky blue ideas - better colours than the double blues, as this is a western Sydney team, not a NSW team. Black has been associated with the western suburbs from the WS clubs (in what is now almost the east) to the Penrith RL team.

Unless the blue is very light, another colour would help. White makes the combination a bit dull and too Port-ish, but yellow is brighter, gives a more unique set, and with the blue reflects Parramatta RL colours.

jumper.png

I think this would work with the Cumberland Emus, but the colours especially are good for any number of names/mascots.

Of course, a simple distinctive alternative would be blue with a gold sash.

I like the black and sky blue ideas - better colours than the double blues, as this is a western Sydney team, not a NSW team. Black has been associated with the western suburbs from the WS clubs (in what is now almost the east) to the Penrith RL team.

Unless the blue is very light, another colour would help. White makes the combination a bit dull and too Port-ish, but yellow is brighter, gives a more unique set, and with the blue reflects Parramatta RL colours.

jumper.png

I think this would work with the Cumberland Emus, but the colours especially are good for any number of names/mascots.

Of course, a simple distinctive alternative would be blue with a gold sash.

Its not working for me. Too similar to Richmond but vastly inferior to Richmond because of the Blue.

Stealing some ideas and using some of my own.

West Sydney Bushrangers

Colours are a dark blue, a sky blue, and orange to break it up a bit (and to use a colour that hasn't been used yet.)

Using the basic W design someone used earlier in the thread. Using it with 3 colours gives an interesting, but still simple and strong design. Away guernsey is basically a white version.

Home

Away

West Sydney Bushrangers

Colours are a dark blue, a sky blue, and orange to break it up a bit (and to use a colour that hasn't been used yet.)

Using the basic W design someone used earlier in the thread. Using it with 3 colours gives an interesting, but still simple and strong design. Away guernsey is basically a white version.

Home

Away

I don't like the W but the colour combinations would be ok. Good Sydney colours. I'd like Bushrangers as a name. If you wanted to go for the other side of the law, you could also do rangers. Personally, I prefer the dodgyness, but maybe sponsors would prefer upstanding values.

Bushrangers is a weird one, they are criminals, but are also a celebrated part of our history as a nation. One of our national heroes was a bushranger.

I honestly don't think the name bushranger would put off a sponsor.

Wait, aren't the Victorian cricket team the bushrangers? That probably kills that idea.

Bushrangers is a weird one, they are criminals, but are also a celebrated part of our history as a nation. One of our national heroes was a bushranger.

I honestly don't think the name bushranger would put off a sponsor.

Wait, aren't the Victorian cricket team the bushrangers? That probably kills that idea.

Vikings, raiders and pirates were also criminals but that hasn't stopped them being used. I guess because they are like cartoon characters and don't really see them as real. Bushrangers are more real and closer to home. Strength or a weakness depending on your perspective.

Possibly the Victorian cricket team would object. I'd say you definitely couldn't use Ned Kelly as an image, but you wouldn't want to anyway. An image of Ben Hall would be better.

West Sydney Bushrangers

Home

Away
West Sydney Weezers?
weezer.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

based on NFL's St. Louis Rams.
wsrguernseymy5.png

I think we can improve this to a winner:

- Remove that diagonal white stripe. Make it much thicker (more a feature than the current diagonal striple), and straight vertical, from left shoulder right down, in line with the sponsors logo.

- Move the Ram logo down the jumper, and further across the front, so its the feature of the front of the jumper, and less tucked up near the armpit.

Not sure about colours, but I'm warming to the idea of feature stripe(s) and logo on the front.

Please, please, please no navy blue. There's already enough of that colour in the AFL. Be more innovative please.

Please, please, please no navy blue. There's already enough of that colour in the AFL. Be more innovative please.

Seconded, its a pain in the ass. Should probably be a lighter guernsey since the majority of AFL clubs have darker ones. And it would hepl the new club stand out and distance itself from everone else.

Seconded, its a pain in the ass. Should probably be a lighter guernsey since the majority of AFL clubs have darker ones. And it would hepl the new club stand out and distance itself from everone else.

The priority is to appeal to NSW residents and the most likely way to do that is to use the blue colours that are associated with NSW. Most of these innovative designs should go where most innovative designs end up, in the bin. The more innovative you are the more difficult it is to appeal to a wide audience.

Yes, its a must for it to appeal to its resident audience of Western Sydney. Isn't it the lighter blue (forget the technical term for it) thats mostly associated with NSW (ie NSW SOO side and cricket team)? Victoria has the dark navy blue.

Also, are there any 'local' colours particular to West Sydney that could appeal to the populace there (the answer to this may be 'no', given the multiple rugby league clubs based out there, each with there own colours).

Remove this Banner Ad

WSYD 2nd Sydney team jumper designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back