AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

episode 4 insult GIF by Star Wars
They look dressed for Tatooine.

Well at least nobody is bagging Parish.

He looks absolutely primed. Layed a few big tackles too in a type game where few players do.
Standard Parish game imo, he started to improve on his tackling 2nd half of last year which is nice, good to see it coming along still, now we just need to turn his clearances into good ones, ones that end deep inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna: “Their talent is there. You look across the board and there’s talent everywhere, but what’s the best mix? Where do they play? I’m looking at the midfield and I think there’s a lot of names in this midfield – Parish, Hobbs, Caldwell, Setterfield, Durham’s been thrown in there, Tsatas, Shiel, Perkins – but what’s their best combination? For me, it has to be built around Darcy Parish. I think he’s their No. 1 man in the midfield. He actually rates as one of the best midfielders in the game. Fourth for average clearances, third for disposals, third for score involvements, which would surprise some people. He’s their clearance man, he’s their Lachie Neale. I think they need to build their midfield around him.”

Montagna: “Their talent is there. You look across the board and there’s talent everywhere, but what’s the best mix? Where do they play? I’m looking at the midfield and I think there’s a lot of names in this midfield – Parish, Hobbs, Caldwell, Setterfield, Durham’s been thrown in there, Tsatas, Shiel, Perkins – but what’s their best combination? For me, it has to be built around Darcy Parish. I think he’s their No. 1 man in the midfield. He actually rates as one of the best midfielders in the game. Fourth for average clearances, third for disposals, third for score involvements, which would surprise some people. He’s their clearance man, he’s their Lachie Neale. I think they need to build their midfield around him.”
Spot on, and probably also worth noting there isn't another spot on the field for him where his production would be worth shifting him.

He is #1 picked in the middle for me, and our plans should go from there.

Whereas Merrett i can see being valuable on a wing, off HB, at HF

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player # 3: Darcy Parish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back