Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Statistically this year, he is on par with his 3 previous years. Not bad at all huh.

Make no mistake, Carlisle may have kept us in that game, but Chappy got us over the line.

I'd kill for another kid who knows his way around the goals as well as Chapstick does

Great mark and goal in the last when he took contact and still grabbed it. Stood up when we needed him, if we play finals this man will be worth his weight in gold!

Not in the stage of his career where he is going to be influencing the whole game week in week out, but at the very least he is winning the contests when it really matters and that's why he is a f*cking good pickup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it in the votes thread.. but these at the games that show what a vital pick up Chappy is.. just has the 'champion' ability to turn a game on its head. Did next to nothing for three quarters.. and then blew it open in the last with 4 pieces of play that were beyond good.

I think there has probably been 4 of our 10 wins that 'may' not have been if Chappy wasn't in the side.. so that is a damn fine return for a freebie player.

May not go on next year and may not be able to produce the same as his yesteryears but lets face it.. he was recruited to be the x-factor/impact player.. and he was that again tonight.

Zach Merrett?

MOAR!

seriously, Stanton missing twice and Merrett and a couple of others just highlights to me that we lack a couple of classy finishers, blokes like Chappy who get the ball within striking distance and just have that single minded 'f**k off anyone calling for it, i'm sinking this' attitude.

Any word filtering through on his thoughts about 2015? Playing on?
Has been announced that Chappy has reached the trigger point in his contract that will enable him to go on next year, great news for all concerned, well played EFC...he's had a great impact and it's only getting to his favourite part of the year..Have loved watching him in red and black....

Has been announced that Chappy has reached the trigger point in his contract that will enable him to go on next year, great news for all concerned, well played EFC...he's had a great impact and it's only getting to his favourite part of the year..Have loved watching him in red and black....

Liked this, then unliked it just so I could like it again. Brilliant news and yet another sign that this team is on the right track, if he thinks 2015 is going to be good.

Chappy, Goddard.

Who'll make it a trifecta?

RO'K?
Was just on the swans podcast, DO NOT TOUCH. Apparently looks like NEAFL is too quick for him.

Was just on the swans podcast, DO NOT TOUCH. Apparently looks like NEAFL is too quick for him.

Has been killing it stats wise though. 33 disposals, 2 goals 3 behinds, 11 marks, 5 tackles in the game just gone.

Has been killing it stats wise though. 33 disposals, 2 goals 3 behinds, 11 marks, 5 tackles in the game just gone.
Yeah, they said he had a lot of stats but half were turnovers, looked too slow and was very unimpressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #3: Paul Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back