Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah me too. Don't worry Ben, this year he found out he can cut it at the top level and another preseason of fitness and weights will make him stronger for 2011.

Wow, that courage to stay on is Pears-esque. Though obviously disappointing for him, he has had a very decent taste of AFL footy this year and, more importantly, has copped a pretty bad knock and returned to field to tell the tale. A few more kg's and increased confidence in his body next year = :thumbsu:

Off topic, but some really impressive signs of courage last night. Gumby playing on, Lonergan's mark in the dying minutes along with Davey putting his body on the line when the game was done and dusted.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiit,
I'm sure everyone involved would be really happy with his progress this year.
Has shown some undeniably awesome signs.
Definitely need to see him build that upper body strength a little more in the off season.
Will be watching the VFL closely today, wondering if Carlisle/Still might be up to coming in for a couple of Friday nights at the G?

As mentioned before, at least its not an long term injury which will prevent him from completing a big pre-season. We know what he can do now, lets put him away for the remainder of the season and put him on the weights over the off-season and watch out competition in 2011. Bad luck to the guy though, courageous stuff!

I wonder if they will consider giving Still or Carlisle a few games in the last 4 weeks, just to give them a taste and provide another marking target up forward. I know they might be under-developed but our season is done so lets get some games into young players.

I wonder if they will consider giving Still or Carlisle a few games in the last 4 weeks, just to give them a taste and provide another marking target up forward. I know they might be under-developed but our season is done so lets get some games into young players.

I was wondering this myself. We have 3 options, as far as I can see:

*Throw Hurley at CHF
*Bring in Bellchambers and play Ryder at CHF
*Bring Carlisle in (they wouldn't bring in Still, imo)

*Throw Hurley at CHF

I think Belly coming in and Hille spending more time up forward is more of a chance, than Carlise or Still.. especially since Belly played well in the games he did get. But id like to see one of those kids get played considering we wont be making finals.

fuuuuu.jpg

*Throw Hurley at CHF

Would prefer Hurley to stay down back.

I think we are looking the most settled we have both down back and forward the last couple of weeks.

Hille or Ryder filled Gumbeltons role pretty well whilst he was off injured last night.

Bad luck to Gumby, great courage to fight on.

Not too disappointed though, it won't affect his preseason. I'll take 17 games from him this year, and he's shown more than enough to keep me satisfied. Wrap him in cotton wool for a month, then give him a solid stint in the gym before preseason starts :thumbsu:

yeah very unfortunate for the gumbler, is darcy daniher a chance to come in for him? or is he injured? have heard very little about him all year tbh....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck to Gumby, great courage to fight on.

Not too disappointed though, it won't affect his preseason. I'll take 17 games from him this year, and he's shown more than enough to keep me satisfied. Wrap him in cotton wool for a month, then give him a solid stint in the gym before preseason starts :thumbsu:

:thumbsu:

He's had the season he had to have, as much as for his own confidence as for the club. Cannot wait to see him in 2011.

I'd like us to put Hurley back at CHF, he played great last night but he could have a much bigger impact on the game in the forward line and to be honest, I think he's shown more up forward than Gumbleton has.

Then again, there's always the issue of team balance and at the moment our team looks structured well. I guess we'll have to wait to see how it all pans out.

Hurley to stay down back IMO - Was amazing there last night and it shouldnt be changed - Hooker Pears and Hurley will be able to handle every forward line in the competetion. Hurley's footskills/ability to read the play are fletcheresque, and well, thats exactly what everytime would want. So he can play quarter back for us :)
Bring in Bellchambers and play Hille or Paddy as permanent CHF?
Bad luck to Gumby, Cannot wait to see him next year after an epic pre season:D

Belly didn't play in the 2's today so would think he is no chance. Carlisle is a perfect replacement for Gumby. Moves the same, great hands and will not disrupt the structures.

Out: Gumby (Davey)
In: Carlisle (Atkinson)

I'd like us to put Hurley back at CHF, he played great last night but he could have a much bigger impact on the game in the forward line and to be honest, I think he's shown more up forward than Gumbleton has.

Then again, there's always the issue of team balance and at the moment our team looks structured well. I guess we'll have to wait to see how it all pans out.

Hmm.. not sure about taking him out of defence where he is really finding some confidence.. not to mention the precision passing that sets us up very well....

Holy crap. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but my reaction was "Meh, at least it ain't his back".

Done well this year Gumby.

Get him in the gym, give him a full pre-season and unleash next year.

Shocking luck for Gumby. Has shown a bit this year and will be better next year with some time in the gym. Is Carlisle a similar player? Isn't he more of a full-forward? We need someone to play the Gumby role of leading into the wings at times, playing that Roo/Cloke role of been the bridge between the half backs and full-forward. Can Carlisle play that role? I haven't seen anything of him outside u18s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Back