Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats it. Bombers for the '11 spoon.. book your holidays.

/skyisfalling

Srsly, theres nothing more disheartening to go on this board and seeing the words "injury" and "Gumbleton" in the same sentence...:(
Good to hear its just a minor setback.
Would be stoked to get another 17games out of him next year!

please elaborate.

No doubt more will be out in coming weeks.

What I do have to say though, is that I find it completely bemusing how funny people find this. Yes, awesome fellow Essendon fans, our #2 prized pick officially looks less likely to even get on the Park than he does to become a good player and this is the time for jokes?

BomberMan, I think people are joking around because to their knowledge, it's only a minor setback.

If you know more, by all means, let us know.

Not one person on this board would want to see Gumby suffering another serious injury, you have my word on that.

To be honest, I think quite a few have learned to laugh in these times; not at Gumby or his misfortune, but at others who have in the past called for the end of Scott's career on the back of a hamstring tear or something not so significant.

It's probably following the "laugh or cry" mentality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good thing we drafted Carlisle last year, but besides that we are pretty light on Key Forwards, If gumby does miss footy next year (hope not) wer pretty light up front.

Maybe Daniher could play in the goal square with Jake out at hf also Ryder/Hille

Any chance Darling could slide all the way to pick 31 ??

An official statement from the Essendon Football Club:

Injury prone Scott Gumbleton has had a setback at pre season training with a slight knee worry after it was discovered a fly landed on it.

He should be right to resume training in a month

that was my thinking - with less concerns on his back and a minor knee problem this should allow gumby to spend more time in the gym so he can monster opposition defences.

Gumby the Destroyer; Stage 1 - ACTIVE

:D

I hope I haven't missed the boat but...

patrick-neil-harris-lol.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #3: Scott Gumbleton - Traded to Fremantle for pick 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Back