Player Watch #3 Taylor Adams

Remove this Banner Ad

[PLAYERCARD]Taylor Adams[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Player Profile:

Drafted by GWS with Pick 13 in the 2011 National Draft, Taylor Adams made his AFL debut in Round 5 of the 2012 season. After 31 games with the Giants the midfielder moved to Collingwood where he went on to play 10 seasons and five finals campaign for the Magpies. He joins the Sydney Swans with a wealth of experience including a Grand Final appearance in 2018. In 2020 he was named the club’s Best and Fairest and selected in the All-Australian team.

DOB: 20 Sep 1993
Draft: 2011
RECRUITED FROM: Collingwood

It’s a really interesting point.
It's possible that Longmire lacks a killer instinct which may affect our grand final results, but has the personality that builds a successful club, which is why we find ourselves playing in finals so often.

Just a thought …
I've thought similar. I think there's something in that.

Sure he wears his GPS in the bus on the way home, but he is doing a good job in his role . Would like to see him have a dominant game, but also rather he does the grunt work so Gulden, Heeney, Warner, Jmac have the ball more.

Our ladder position should it remain will allow squad rotation which I’m a big supporter of. Geelong did this well in 2022. The older guys may need time to manage niggles and the younger guys may need a rest. No slight on anyone that’s being managed, key is that our whole squad are fit and firing when it matters most.

Our ladder position should it remain will allow squad rotation which I’m a big supporter of. Geelong did this well in 2022. The older guys may need time to manage niggles and the younger guys may need a rest. No slight on anyone that’s being managed, key is that our whole squad are fit and firing when it matters most.

Agree 100%. Only gotta look at how spritely Rampe has been in his return to recognise the benefits. Also think Adams is self-managing in-game while Chad, Isaac, Errol and Rowy are managing things just fine.

Isn't living up to what I had hoped he would. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dropped this week
I think he's been great. He seems to love getting down and dirty and getting in the faces of oppo players. I think Heeney, Warner etc are only able to do what they do so well, because of what Adams is bringing to the team.
I said in another thread that I think he and Parker will become interchangeable - rest Adams and play Parker for a few weeks and keep rotating them.

I think he's been great. He seems to love getting down and dirty and getting in the faces of oppo players. I think Heeney, Warner etc are only able to do what they do so well, because of what Adams is bringing to the team.
I said in another thread that I think he and Parker will become interchangeable - rest Adams and play Parker for a few weeks and keep rotating them.

I dont think Adams is even in Parkers spot , we needed an Adams type last year.

Arguably Heeney /Rowbottom etc have taken the Parker spot.

I dont think Adams is even in Parkers spot , we needed an Adams type last year.

Arguably Heeney /Rowbottom etc have taken the Parker spot.

Absolutely agreed. With us needing an Adams type last year and that if anything, Adams has largely taken over Heeney's role from last year as a forward/mid. Different styles of play of course, but Heeney has basically usurped Parker's old role.

Absolutely agreed. With us needing an Adams type last year and that if anything, Adams has largely taken over Heeney's role from last year as a forward/mid. Different styles of play of course, but Heeney has basically usurped Parker's old role.
Am still very keen for Adams and Parker to share a fwd mid spot.

What were you hoping he’d be?
Contested bull, ball extractor.

He is 5th average for contested possessions and 6th for clearances - by a long mile. I'm not convinced he's numbers stack up, put a number of our other mids in the middle they would have similar numbers.

I wasn't expecting him to be a great kicker but when he gets the ball he slows us down and doesn't seem to have the same instinct as the rest of the group.

His first couple matches as a Swan I was happy but his last 3 have been below par.

I struggle to see how he is keeping Parker out, but believe we'd do better with Campbell playing the same role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contested bull, ball extractor.

He is 5th average for contested possessions and 6th for clearances - by a long mile. I'm not convinced he's numbers stack up, put a number of our other mids in the middle they would have similar numbers.

I wasn't expecting him to be a great kicker but when he gets the ball he slows us down and doesn't seem to have the same instinct as the rest of the group.

His first couple matches as a Swan I was happy but his last 3 have been below par.

I struggle to see how he is keeping Parker out, but believe we'd do better with Campbell playing the same role

Watch the last game he missed and I think you see his impact more.

won't disagree he needs to do more than the weekend, absolutely, also 5 games in and mostly good, would like to see him back at his best.

I don't see how Parker couldn't come in and perform the role Adams is playing, and to a higher standard.

Remember that the last time we saw Parker running around in the mids, he was carrying an injury. And also carrying a midfield that were performing below their capabilities (and/or hadn't quite arrived yet).

Prior to that injury, Parker was absolutely flying and was in career best form, despite the fact the mids around him were performing nowhere near the standard they're performing to at the moment.

At the very least, the rest of the season will be interesting from a list management / selection perspective.

I still think Parker would add immense value to the midfield.

I don't see how Parker couldn't come in and perform the role Adams is playing, and to a higher standard.

Remember that the last time we saw Parker running around in the mids, he was carrying an injury. And also carrying a midfield that were performing below their capabilities (and/or hadn't quite arrived yet).

Prior to that injury, Parker was absolutely flying and was in career best form, despite the fact the mids around him were performing nowhere near the standard they're performing to at the moment.

At the very least, the rest of the season will be interesting from a list management / selection perspective.

I still think Parker would add immense value to the midfield.
Also a far better resting HF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back