Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Really important for him to play on different types. Smith is essentially a brick with arms, Garlett is obviously not at his best but is still quick and slippery and Kent is pretty quick and sneaky too.

Didn't disgrace himself against any of them

Didn’t disgrace himself? He was excellent.

No doubt, he absolutely was, but not only excellent on the bigs and in marking contests, but also when he got switched onto smaller players too.

Unpopular opinion, but I am far more excited by this kid than Francis.

Genuine 6'5 KPD's who are agile and can intercept mark are worth their weight in gold.

His spoiling is solid, and that mark he took towards the end of the game on the goal line and floated across the pack was brilliant.

Unpopular opinion, but I am far more excited by this kid than Francis.

Genuine 6'5 KPD's who are agile and can intercept mark are worth their weight in gold.

His spoiling is solid, and that mark he took towards the end of the game on the goal line and floated across the pack was brilliant.
Not at all. Further to what you just described there was some ground work along the boundary where he paddled a bouncing ball one handed around his opponent that stood out. The kid has some ability, there is no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t watch today’s game but bloody loved this play

That play was just scintillating. This boy has some impressive wheels. Hopefully we can bulk him up without him losing that pace. I think Zerk-Thatcher could be a star for us in the future. His agility and closing speed is seriously impressive and he is genuine KP height to play on the taller guys if he can put some weight on. Plus he's just a smart player, you watch him and he cuts the angles and reacts that bit quicker than the guys around him.

With not having played since the 7th, and a VFL bye next week, he won't have played a game for 4 weeks if he returns vs Port Melbourne. Why has the club not said anything about it?

With not having played since the 7th, and a VFL bye next week, he won't have played a game for 4 weeks if he returns vs Port Melbourne. Why has the club not said anything about it?
He’s being managed. My understanding is he’s not injured. Just the club managing his workload as a young first year player. He was always skated to have a two week rest. Nothing sinister. Player development and workload management comes first.

He’s being managed. My understanding is he’s not injured. Just the club managing his workload as a young first year player. He was always skated to have a two week rest. Nothing sinister. Player development and workload management comes first.
Understandable. Just odd they did the two week rest two weeks before the bye in the VFL.

Understandable. Just odd they did the two week rest two weeks before the bye in the VFL.
They may well have planned for him to make the bye, but if he was struggling to get himself up then there would be no reason to force him to play and push through to the bye just because that is what was pre scheduled.

I have no idea if that is the case, but he has played far more footy then i thought he would this year, it may just be his body is struggling with load and needs an extended break.

Just speculation though.

Last edited:
They may well have planned for him to make the bye, but if he was struggling to get himself up then there would be no reason to force him to play and push through to the bye just because that is what was pre scheduled.

I have no idea if that is the case, but he has played far more footy then i thought he would this year, it may just be his body is struggling with load and needs an extended break.

Just speculation though.
Apparently (according to DJR over at bb) over the last 4 weeks he has been doing a mini-preseason, along with Houlahan, and should be returning very shortly. Lots of gym time? Puts another slant on Francis being released at AFL level. Reckon the Vfl side need BZT's interception. ..

Apparently (according to DJR over at bb) over the last 4 weeks he has been doing a mini-preseason, along with Houlahan, and should be returning very shortly. Lots of gym time? Puts another slant on Francis being released at AFL level. Reckon the Vfl side need BZT's interception. ..

He is not a intercept defender though.

(From what I've seen so far)

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #30: Brandon Zerk-Thatcher - 🚨 traded to the Pear, thanks for your service

Remove this Banner Ad

Back