AFL Player #30: Nate Caddy - Kicks His First 2 Goals v West Coast - 23/6

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn’t done enough to keep Jones out. It’s Harry’s spot to lose and he didn’t deserve to be suspended in the first place. Caddy needs to continue to earn his stripes.
Not like Jones has been in Coleman form recently and is irreplaceable. Was good early but last few games were meh. I'd give Caddy another go.

Not like Jones has been in Coleman form recently and is irreplaceable. Was good early but last few games were meh. I'd give Caddy another go.
Jones has been doing a lot right. Especially his forward pressure. Did Caddy kick a goal tonight? He showed some real promise but he’s nowhere near the level being given by Jones this year. Brad Scott said it was a shame he was suspended as he’s been in really good form. That’s enough for me. Continuity at this stage is critical for Harry. Not so much for Nate who needs to be knocking the door down in the VFL.

Jones has been doing a lot right. Especially his forward pressure. Did Caddy kick a goal tonight? He showed some real promise but he’s nowhere near the level being given by Jones this year. Brad Scott said it was a shame was suspended as he’s been in really good form. That’s enough for me. Continuity at this stage is critical for Harry. Not so much for Nate who needs to be knocking the door down in the BFL.
Preaching to the choir, I'm a big Jones fan. But I don't think he's a must return ASAP like a Ridley, Parish or Merrett are. If Caddy got another and Jones missed, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Love Caddy getting a taste this week.

Most exciting draftee in years for Bombers.His X factor is going to go a long way.

All things being equal (no injuries) Jones rightly takes his spot back next week.

Can’t see how to fit Caddy in… but would love to see him go again.

I liked what I saw from Caddy, he definitely has a crack and is a good target but I'd still bring Jones back in for him. This is only Caddy's first year as an 18 year old. He can still learn a ton just playing in the VFL. This is basically a make or break year for Jones and he's much more ready to perform week in week out.

Caddy will no doubt play a few more senior games by seasons end but realistically I don't think he's holding out any of Langford, Stringer, Wright or Jones in 2024. No doubt injuries/suspensions will come and its good to know he's ready should an opportunity arise.

Tough crowd.

Was only our best player 6 days ago
Fair call. Personally I couldn’t believe he got 10 votes last week playing on a Rookie and Calders only got 2!

In my mind he wasn’t the best last week Calders was! But I accept the coaches know better than me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intensity is one thing but seemed to run under the ball nearly every lead, no nuance or ball judgement. Ended up getting tunnelled multiple times while trying to jump at balls already slightly past him, I reckon he's so used to using those long arms to pluck he's maybe in a habit of mistiming his lead and jump. AFL defenders will have him for breakfast currently but plenty to work with. If I recall, Harry used to do the same early days

I don’t think Jones should be the only one under pressure.Wright deserves selection pressure too.

Wright has been averaging 2 goals a game this year bar one. Think he's deserved a bit of leeway. Also draws the best defenders and has the highest HO win % in our team when chopping out in the ruck. Watch more footy.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks he's more like a Stringer type than a 2nd tall?
Yes . He is a much stronger mark than Stringer.

I liked what I saw from Caddy, he definitely has a crack and is a good target but I'd still bring Jones back in for him. This is only Caddy's first year as an 18 year old. He can still learn a ton just playing in the VFL. This is basically a make or break year for Jones and he's much more ready to perform week in week out.

Caddy will no doubt play a few more senior games by seasons end but realistically I don't think he's holding out any of Langford, Stringer, Wright or Jones in 2024. No doubt injuries/suspensions will come and its good to know he's ready should an opportunity arise.
I don’t think jones is an automatic in, in he’s last three games he’s had 5,7 and 6 touches and kicked one goal.

Fair call. Personally I couldn’t believe he got 10 votes last week playing on a Rookie and Calders only got 2!

In my mind he wasn’t the best last week Calders was! But I accept the coaches know better than me!
I thought he was our best. He was very good working up the ground taking contested marks too. I had Caldwell our second best player but Xerri was better overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back