30% of Forward Entries to Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you're right - more BS from the coach - how about this then:

Tex played four games as a key forward - he couldn't find the ball in his last two so the coach played him up the ground in an attempt to get him into the game (a la Franklin)

Didn't work, we can't carry him any longer so out he goes

Nah - the real reason is Craigie just hates him cos he's young and he wants to keep playing his mates

Are you making that up? Which 4 games?

And when you say it didnt work, in his last game he got 15 possessions and kicked a goal. Should we look at some other players stats?

Porps v Calrton 10 disposals no goals
Burton v Carlton 16 disposals 1 goal
Douglas v Carlton 13 disposals 1 goal

Should I go on? Because it gets worse

Kicked 4 goals first game of th season pushed further up ground next burton comes back hes down half back with cameos forward.

Several crows players walk into the side regardless of form at this time noone is actually competing for their spot except Walker who has an uphill battle in that he's being attempted to being moulded into another scott stevens.
Is this something anyone would actually want in their side around the league?
He walks into Adelaides side. I see there is that pace you wanted Craig the slowest backline in the league is going to get slaughtered.

There is no setup for Walker to play an AFL type game in the SANFL it's a different ball game, it is impossible to work on aspects of his game playing under a different coach in a position he also won't be playing even if he came back. He's not going to fit with the structure as long as preferential treatment continues.

The biggest idiots on here say there is no way he is getting in after the melbourne game. You guys mean the one where he generally outplayed our woeful mid-fielders made 5 tackles was one of the only players willing to kick the ball?

Every reasoning Craig has presented has fallen short in the players he continues to field instead as they contribute absolutely nil.

Not selecting Walker is not in the best interest of the football club in any way, the versatility problem is in the coaches box far more then Walkers game.

I couldn't be less impressed by our forward pockets. They do so little at ground level that having them just for the sake of smalls is pointless.
If they can't actually perform the job.

I totally agree with this, hence the reason for the constant spin to justify his exclusion from the side. If Craig said Walker was dropped on form he would then be creating a precedent where a blow torch would then be firmly applied to the performances of the team. The easiest way to avoid this is to spin his omission along the lines of "Walker needs to work on this and Walker needs to work on that" so that his omission doesnt have repecussions for the other players in the side that are not performing.

The real reason he is out of the side is that he is not a Scott Stevens type player, he is best suited to Burton's role. Burton is one of Craig's favourite players and Craig will never drop Burton. Even with Burton out of form in his final year there is no chance of developing someone else for the future in his position. The longer Neil Craig holds an obsession with playing seniors at all cost the more it will hurt the team in the long run.

Walker is a side dish until he is good enough to replace Burton (same goes for Sloane, Young, Davis, Smack and everyone else).

Honestly - if you were the coach would you not be playing Burton?

At 0-6 and witnessing Burtons game today, do you think we should still be playing Burton at the expense of Walker?

At 0-6 and witnessing Burtons game today, do you think we should still be playing Burton at the expense of Walker?

I argued it in another thread Burton is not only selfish, but doesnt have a football brain hence why we moved him out of the middle a few years ago. We saw it in the final quarter, Burton made 2 monumentally dumb mistakes which cost us two goals. This guy is supposed to be an "elite" senior player and in our leadership group yet made two of the dumbest football mistakes I saw today. The boundry line one was ridiculous. I have seen enough of Burton to know what he was trying to do, instead of doing the smart team thing and forcing the ball out Burton selfishly tried to keep the ball in so that he could try and lairise and run back, pick up the ball and try to kick a goal. The problem was that he couldnt keep his feet so Chaplin picked up the ball and set up a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

30% of Forward Entries to Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back