Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

So can someone explain this Ryder retiring crap? Is he going to retire permanently, for the 2 years of his contract or just "retire" then get cut off the list and be drafted to Port?

It's similar to the time I threatened to round house my 8 year old son if he didn't hurry up and get in the car. Makes a lot of people notice what I said ... is no chance of happening!

It was an article about all the coaches who have "lost" the players and have been moved on. Only, Hird hasn't been moved on yet.
Yes.. just that minor point.. and also managing to work in "Hird allowed a program that harmed Ryders unborn son" is gold.

So can someone explain this Ryder retiring crap? Is he going to retire permanently, for the 2 years of his contract or just "retire" then get cut off the list and be drafted to Port?

Just some pouting and foot stamping, at the end of the day he'll still eat his vegies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather beams though. Hope collingwood rot at the bottom next year I thought 5 and 25 for him was very fair
No 'picks only' deal is 'fair' for a star like Beams.. having said that.. I think your club put a very solid offer forward and one that was by no means insulting (unlike Ports offer for Ryder).

I think Collingwood may regret taking the trade if it means that Beams just 'fills in time' next year and then walks for far less next year.

Ha that would be nice ryder martin rockcliff beams hanley redden il be getting exciting and watching the eddie mcguires face turn purple

Pies are bluffing they need pick 25 for greenwood we have that pick to go along with 5 so they will come out the biggest losers

I think it was fair considerng pies would have pick 5 and 9 in draft to go along with greenwood and the fact he wanted to leave for family reasons

Need Jimmy Gwilt to get around Paddy Ryder and convince him to stay.

Is it fair to say earlier that Hird had been sidelined talking to players, but that has changed now, and is heavily involved now? Is this another factor Ryder wanted/wants out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Back