Player Watch #32 Samson Ryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree Bo as he’s often too stationary and I’m sure his game would improve if he could do this as well as actually be of better assistance to our smalls than the current halving a contest plan. The current plan is too confined bc of the small area he’s working with and it becomes too predictable for defenders to ruin all forward moves.
I get the feeling it’s part of game plan as kelti I would argue too often is stay at home when he has great agility and is very good on the lead, our brains trust should be putting more science into lowering the eyes and using our targets

The big giraffe needs a rocket in attitude on field to deserve another 3 years. Modern ruckmen are basically extra midfielders nowadays and without that he won’t be a top player
He finds plenty of the ball and wins plenty of clearances when playing 1st ruck in the VFL. He looks exhausted pretty quickly against the big boys when he gets recalled though. It'll come.

Interesting. Three years is... something. I'm happy for him, but if it was me I would have only done 1 year until he actually showed something of substance but it is, what it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Three years is... something. I'm happy for him, but if it was me I would have only done 1 year until he actually showed something of substance but it is, what it is.
Think it’s a good outcome for both parties
Especially with Nank being 29 now gives us two years to essentially transition to Ryan being the number 1 ruck and 1 more year to see how he holds it

He's 23 now, I have been a big supporter based on his VFL form, but I would have expected more by this stage at AFL level.

3 years seems too long IMO. 2 years would have been plenty.
Big men take longer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back