Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

But the non selection was a contradiction of last years slaughter of bambi........Hrovat (player from another club) doesn't count . Firrito made way when he could of, would of, should held on for another season but our back stock were getting itchy.......Durds or EVW had to come in as a statement to the players on the list, to encourage and show the changing of the guard was in motion.......yeah?

Green has cut many up so far as well as last year..........what was the problem? Scott could have backed his young star in, instead of his old favourites.

Agree with the principle you are describing, but there is an argument that Hibberd was just in front of EVW by the end of the JLT series and he was selected in Round 1. Was unfortunately not quite up to it in his first go on the big stage and has since been concussed, but no doubt he'll be back. I think EVW could have come in a bit earlier, but as Kimbo said, hand-wringing unnecessary in this case.

Agree with the principle you are describing, but there is an argument that Hibberd was just in front of EVW by the end of the JLT series and he was selected in Round 1. Was unfortunately not quite up to it in his first go on the big stage and has since been concussed, but no doubt he'll be back. I think EVW could have come in a bit earlier, but as Kimbo said, hand-wringing unnecessary in this case.
Yep and how did that work out?? EVW was AA U18 full back....... where Hibberd I class as another HBF that will be groomed for a midfield role ( which we've seen none get into the midfield so far in Scott's term as coach) Tarrant and an ageing Thompson.........I know where I would have focus, it aint developing another HBF.

Yep and how did that work out?? EVW was AA U18 full back....... where Hibberd I class as another HBF that will be groomed for a midfield role ( which we've seen none get into the midfield so far in Scott's term as coach) Tarrant and an ageing Thompson.........I know where I would have focus, it aint developing another HBF.

The point is, four games is neither here nor there in this context.

Though I'm a bit surprised that you're already happy to take a potshot at a one-gamer, given you started arguing a point of principle.

The point is, four games is neither here nor there in this context.

Though I'm a bit surprised that you're already happy to take a potshot at a one-gamer, given you started arguing a point of principle.
You don't know that.......career ending injury on 96 games. Doubt it would happen mind you but you never know....!!
As for potting Hibberd , Im not, I just see a stronger need to develop Durdin and EVW over Hibberd with Thompson showing late last year he was tiring.......again I remind you, I didnt make the decision play him Rd.1 then drop him Rd.2

He better not to be dropped. Loved his game, just kept a cool head under pressure which is rare for us sometimes

It also allowed Lmac to play in the midfield and further up the ground

Very impressive debut. Looked like he's been playing for 20+ games. Must stay in the side.

Or atleast 15+

Great to see some of these young guys getting a chance. I think B Scott has staggered the debuts nicely. I would have left Durdin in but otherwise very happy.

I wouldnt be suprised if North have a very young looking side they want playing by the end of the year and they will use the season to get there in a productive fashion.

Or atleast 15+

Great to see some of these young guys getting a chance. I think B Scott has staggered the debuts nicely. I would have left Durdin in but otherwise very happy.

I wouldnt be suprised if North have a very young looking side they want playing by the end of the year and they will use the season to get there in a productive fashion.

I hope you are right. I am happy with what we are doing, but do think we need to phase more of the young guys in during the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big fan so far. One thing he has that not a lot of others in our side have is composure and intelligence. Doesnt lose his head under pressure. Might make mistakes but even then its not because he is crumbling under pressure.

I think Brad would love him - he is the sort of guy Brad usually takes a liking to

Might sound strange but I am no longer prepared to cut him some slack for being a kid when he stuffs up.

Which means that in the space of 3 games he's already graduated to senior player (and accountable as such) in my eyes. Plays with a sense of maturity and poise.

Also allows McDonald to play up the ground.

Does help.

Think EVW being so unassuming has flown under radar a bit.

He's been very solid in his recent games (couple of moments, as expected), and i don't care what Supercoach says.

He isn't looking for cheapies, rather just to play his role - looks the ideal team first type to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #33: Ed Vickers-Willis - delisted at end of 2020 season - won't be offered a new contract - 21 NM games - thanks EVW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back