Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

He's about to hit a trigger clause for another year but if were fair dinkum, he needs to spend most of it in the reserves.
After the flag finishing 12th, 8th, now 14th. I'd throw out role players on the wing and up fwd. Jack Graham up fwd is pressure king. He's enough. & see how MRJ goes on return.

Pickett to one wing. ?? the other

I remember when he got dropped during the 2019 season missed the premiership and he started playing a lot better in 2020 was hungry.
the selection standards have been poor on senior experienced players for a while.

He was never a great ball user, but he was a hard-working player with decent size, speed, endurance.
But he has lost speed over 2-3 years he gets involved in less & the way Stringer exploded out of the center was telling on where McIntosh is at.

Hit a trigger for a contract extension about time we make hard calls.

at least we are looking after our old players while our young ones request trades and under-develop, right?

I would have been holding him back to hit that trigger. get him a bees dick from it and drop him to the VFL & literally make him EARN that trigger. His form has been pretty bloody poor for someone hitting a "contractual trigger point". Triggers are meant to be an incentive to maintain form, not a bloody gift

I remember when he got dropped during the 2019 season missed the premiership and he started playing a lot better in 2020 was hungry.
the selection standards have been poor on senior experienced players for a while.

He was never a great ball user, but he was a hard-working player with decent size, speed, endurance.
But he has lost speed over 2-3 years he gets involved in less & the way Stringer exploded out of the center was telling on where McIntosh is at.

I think he is doing exactly what the coach wants. The backline would love him . He looks faster than he has ever been. Stats show he wizzes around on average faster than anyone else .

Was he on Stringer? I saw a player getting over to stringer and then tried to do 2 things at once and stop another player running through to space. Nothing to do with speed .. just a judgement decision.

I think he is doing exactly what the coach wants. The backline would love him . He looks faster than he has ever been. Stats show he wizzes around on average faster than anyone else .

Was he on Stringer? I saw a player getting over to stringer and then tried to do 2 things at once and stop another player running through to space. Nothing to do with speed .. just a judgement decision.
Doesn't matter if he wasn't on him, he was in the area & applied no pressure, had he put pressure on and got a push or a nudge in it could have affected the kick.
We aren't playing like a team at all until those acts improve we will continue to lose & choke games like yesterday.

If we are talking about the goal he gave up in the 4th to Stringer then i don't care who his man was - you don't run past an unmanned Jake Stringer with the ball in his hands, 50m out. I can see he went with the overlapping player to ensure he could not feed it off - but you can't leave the best forward on the ground unattended like that around their goals - it was really poor awareness

If we are talking about the goal he gave up in the 4th to Stringer then i don't care who his man was - you don't run past an unmanned Jake Stringer with the ball in his hands, 50m out. I can see he went with the overlapping player to ensure he could not feed it off - but you can't leave the best forward on the ground unattended like that around their goals - it was really poor awareness

Or you don’t let stringer out the back by himself. So your wingman has to come in and do 2 things.
KMac stands the mark . Stringer chips it to KMac player much closer to goal. Much easier shot .
It’s called a scapegoat .
Who let Stringer get out the back ?

Doesn't matter if he wasn't on him, he was in the area & applied no pressure, had he put pressure on and got a push or a nudge in it could have affected the kick.
We aren't playing like a team at all until those acts improve we will continue to lose & choke games like yesterday.

Watch the replay. He was in front of Stringer. He didn’t have to nudge or do anything. He got across very quickly which showed great awareness. Could have stayed on his man . Now he could have stood the mark which would have meant his player runs into space in the forward line. Made a decision to follow his player . Stringer kicked a great goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or you don’t let stringer out the back by himself. So your wingman has to come in and do 2 things.
KMac stands the mark . Stringer chips it to KMac player much closer to goal. Much easier shot .
It’s called a scapegoat .
Who let Stringer get out the back ?

So you run away from the ball carrier - who is the most dangerous forward in the ground, when he is within kicking distance of his goal.....

Who was the player he was covering? Is he a better forward than Jake Stringer? It was an awful awful play, which is why so many people here are commenting and remembering it. If it was the only poor play he had in the game it would not be much of an issue - but his whole game was pretty crap. 13 touches at 60% DE & only 1 tackle. most of his touches came from the 7 uncontested marks he got. It was a poor game underlined by a poor decision in the key moments the game.

There is no arguing on this one - KMac had a shocker.

So you run away from the ball carrier - who is the most dangerous forward in the ground, when he is within kicking distance of his goal.....

Who was the player he was covering? Is he a better forward than Jake Stringer? It was an awful awful play, which is why so many people here are commenting and remembering it. If it was the only poor play he had in the game it would not be much of an issue - but his whole game was pretty crap. 13 touches at 60% DE & only 1 tackle. most of his touches came from the 7 uncontested marks he got. It was a poor game underlined by a poor decision in the key moments the game.

Stringer ran because a KMac left. KMac didn’t run away from the ball carrier. Where was everbody else. It was from a centre bounce.

Was it really a bad decision ? Who let Stringer get out the back ?
Do you agree that in that situation once Stringer marks the ball where he is out the back that we are probably screwed.
Easy chip to player in space close to goal or a magnificent kick that goes 60m.

Stringer ran because a KMac left. KMac didn’t run away from the ball carrier. Where was everbody else. It was from a centre bounce.

Was it really a bad decision ? Who let Stringer get out the back ?
Do you agree that in that situation once Stringer marks the ball where he is out the back that we are probably screwed.
Easy chip to player in space close to goal or a magnificent kick that goes 60m.
Agee, Kmac got caught in a no win situation and either way he went it would of resulted in a scoring opportunity

In a perfect would might of been a better option to man the mark but that’s also hindsight

Like you said the bigger and more intelligent analysis lies with how that situation even started

Why was stringer left goal side of the ball up without anyone on him given his skill set that is absolutely shocking and looking at the actual contest it was a 1v1 situation it was Bolton and Taranto who let Stringer take an easy mark

And one contested mark .. the same as Dusty and Grimes.
Uncontested marks are a good thing .

Agee, Kmac got caught in a no win situation and either way he went it would of resulted in a scoring opportunity

In a perfect would might of been a better option to man the mark but that’s also hindsight

Like you said the bigger and more intelligent analysis lies with how that situation even started

Why was stringer left goal side of the ball up without anyone on him given his skill set that is absolutely shocking and looking at the actual contest it was a 1v1 situation it was Bolton and Taranto who let Stringer take an easy mark

I think manning the mark would have been the smart option Stringer was always going for goal he was never passing it, unless it he was made to think.

Mc Intosh didn't stand the Stringer mark and make him kick over it he ran to cover his opponent.
One of many errors by the team.

AFL player tracking has running stats. which I have only just been made aware of:

Kmac was No 1 for "high speed running" ; No 1 for "average speed"10.2km/h ; No 2 for repeat sprints ; No 1 for average speed in attack 9.7km/h

RFC ran 283km. EFC 282 and RFC were well up on sprinting stats

Kamdyn can run fine, just can't football very well

Happy for him to be let go out the back though? Did that make you sick ?
Kmac should of just stayed on his man next time and let stringer get the goal anyway

Would save the lazy armchair analysis of people blaming him for the goal when the failure happened before he even got to the contest

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back