Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

The difference between good old Kamdyn and say an Errol Goulden is....good old Kamdyn has 3 Premiership Medals hanging around his neck! What good old Kamdyn offered to the RFC was enough for him to win those GF Medals!
Two actually, but yes a tremendous achievement,. Still not the point though bc you won’t win premierships anymore hanging onto players with limited ability and poor skills who are past their use by date. Kmac had a best before date when our team was full of guns . Unfortunately atm our team has more water pistol’s than real guns.

I get Kmac appears to be an awesoem team mate, great club man, and may even train better than most...

Full credit to him...

But yesterday was just more of the same sh!t as last year. Adds nothing to the team.

Seriously hope we move past him at some stage this year.

He’s our 2nd winger by a decent margin

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
then we a desperately short in that department.

He was putrid yesterday, so if you think he's our second best, and by a long way, you don't think much of the kids coming through.,

wouldn't go that far just yet but certainly Ross, Pickett and Banks.
I would, simply because, Kmac has hit his limit and is on the decline, a couple of kids might not be quite as good as him now, but at least they offer growth and potential, rather than continue to put up with the same stupid mistakes.

K-Mac has always been a role player. Even on the fringe of selection each week. But I think Dimma appreciated the role K-Mac performed and now it is up to K-Mac to prove himself to Yze in whatever role Yze sees for him.

Regardless, K-Mac is a two-time premiership player, and could have easily been a three-time premiership player except for Pickett debuting in a GF. He’s also a great character around the club. He brings energy and positivity to the playing group. That’s not a reason for selection, but he’s a good man to have around the club.

then we a desperately short in that department.

He was putrid yesterday, so if you think he's our second best, and by a long way, you don't think much of the kids coming through.,

No kid behind Kmac has the endurance to play wing

I get Kmac appears to be an awesoem team mate, great club man, and may even train better than most...

Full credit to him...

But yesterday was just more of the same sh!t as last year. Adds nothing to the team.

Seriously hope we move past him at some stage this year.
So it's alright to pot kmac for producing the same shit, but not your baby Ryan? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it's alright to pot kmac for producing the same s**t, but not your baby Ryan? lol
you do realise the difference don't you.

Mine's not a personal attack on Kmac, I even acknowledged his positives and what he's achieved for the club.
I did say that what he's putting on the park isn't up to scratch IMO...

I didn't go all DIVA on him and tell the world his effort is Insulting to supporters, nor did I over exaggerate his deficincies.

You on the other hand, when you are unhappy with a players output, you go down personal sledges, character assinations, and straight up bullsh!t exxagerations...

I have no problems with people getting frustrated or disappointed in a players output. But I am happy to call out people who turn it into a personal crusade against a player on our list (a player who is clearly better than the poster abusing them has even been at the sport).

you do realise the difference don't you.

Mine's not a personal attack on Kmac, I even acknowledged his positives and what he's achieved for the club.
I did say that what he's putting on the park isn't up to scratch IMO...

I didn't go all DIVA on him and tell the world his effort is Insulting to supporters, nor did I over exaggerate his deficincies.

You on the other hand, when you are unhappy with a players output, you go down personal sledges, character assinations, and straight up bullsh!t exxagerations...

I have no problems with people getting frustrated or disappointed in a players output. But I am happy to call out people who turn it into a personal crusade against a player on our list (a player who is clearly better than the poster abusing them has even been at the sport).
oh god you still haven't understood that supporters insulted saga. Are you really that illiterate?
IT WAS POST 1452 BY Karp3_dm i responded to in the Dow thread done tongue in cheek you illiterate man. See below if you can comprehend
No i stated clearly on where Ryan needs to improve and you're just too illiterate to comprehend. Where did i do all the lies you mentioned? You on the other hand, when you are unhappy with a poster , you go making personal sledges, character assassinations, name calling and straight up bullsh!t exaggerations...

I was wrong on this one I hope. Super impressive game with strong inside work. Was in every contest and was clean in close by hands , but footskills could do with some work. As mentioned better than Hopper and I’ll add JGTI, KMac and Pickett. Need to play the kids except for Ryan as he’s looking fragile and disinterested.
Saying Samson was Disinterested is insulting.. yeah he looked rusty but he still did some good things too.
Wasn’t all bad

I wouldn’t be surprised if he starts clunking them vs pies

Last edited:
KMac isn't the future. But I reckon you'll have to prise the wing spot out of his grasp using a tire lever and a blow torch.

He adds aggression, running, running, running and a decent skill set. Banks on the other hand adds super skills. But can he match the other things KMac brings? Ross has good running and better skills, and is pretty aggressive.

If KMac is pushed out by a younger player that is a good thing. cause he is a genuine AFl level player. interesting year for him.

That is a ridiculous premise and certainly not one to base an AFL career on. Yes he is a good runner, so is Jack Graham and he's not a wingman. You don't need to be Rob De Castella to play the wing, Pickett isn't, but when up and running he can be a gun because he attacks.

Last season when plenty were calling for his head early / mid season I wasn't because I thought he was playing okay and we needed stability and experience when things were on the verge of imploding. But as the season went and we imploded he offered very little. We need to rebuild in some positions, the wing is certainly one of them, not more of the same.

KMac isn't the future. But I reckon you'll have to prise the wing spot out of his grasp using a tire lever and a blow torch.

He adds aggression, running, running, running and a decent skill set. Banks on the other hand adds super skills. But can he match the other things KMac brings? Ross has good running and better skills, and is pretty aggressive.

If KMac is pushed out by a younger player that is a good thing. cause he is a genuine AFl level player. interesting year for him.
Kmc has been undroppable. If he gets a game under Yze. cut off me legs and call me shorty

Kmac runs...

It ends there. aggro? & decent skill set?
Yeah, nah

Give me Banks' 14.5 kms & or Ross.

Pickett on the other. You ever see Kmac tackle like Pickett?

Last edited:

Some think anybody can play wing. It is one of the more exclusive roles on the field these days, either you can play it at the required level or you cannot, it is not really a role to be flirted with and having the required run is one of the keys

It really requires a player of a certain quality before you even through in the idea of hybrids rotating through. Richo was a freak and Walsh of CFC was a very good youngster to be applying his trade on the wing let alone others

Last edited:
I still think Pickett is great impact player coming on as sub would be a great role. I watched him last season and he practically got burnt for leg speed early on with most of our mids and wingers. He comes into his own in the second half with leg sting out of opponents and becomes dangerous and creative. Whereas KMac just runs around with JGTI clocking up km‘s with little impact. The first 20 min of the practice match was worrying as our midfield and wingers got pantsed. It wasn’t until Bolton and MRJ came in the region to offer the acceleration at the stoppages or the exit run out or actual closing pressure on opponents.

Last edited:
Some think anybody can play wing. It is one of the more exclusive roles on the field these days, either you can play it at the required level or you cannot, it is not really a role to be flirted with and having the required run is one of the keys

It really requires a player of a certain quality before you even through in the idea of hybrids rotating through. Richo was a freak and Walsh of CFC was a very good youngster to be applying his trade on the wing let alone others
Plenty of good wingman out there and in all shapes, sizes and playing styles. Mason Wood, Bradley Hill, Sidebottom and Daicos, Guilden and McInerney, Dawson, McCluggage, Langdon and a few others are all very important members of their teams. I think we are stuck in a certain style because that is what we have seen for so long.

Plenty of good wingman out there and in all shapes, sizes and playing styles. Mason Wood, Bradley Hill, Sidebottom and Daicos, Guilden and McInerney, Dawson, McCluggage, Langdon and a few others are all very important members of their teams. I think we are stuck in a certain style because that is what we have seen for so long.

Some of those I would regard as pinch hit and some are simply gun players that can be effective in a number of areas due to their weapons

I think wings are turning back into offensive weapons, the reigning premiers probably do this the best atm, and Macintosh is definitely not that. One of the reasons I'd love to see Short, Rioli, Banks, Clarke type of players play on the wing more in his place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back