Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of that young kid Coleman from Brissy when he kicks. Sort of.
In that he makes contact with the ball with his foot?

There is a very real possibility that Pickett has played his last game. He could be back in jail by round 1. anyone know when he was due to sit his hearing?
3 comments you make. 1. a wild guess. 2. presume guilt and hang a bloke. 3. basically admit you have no knowledge of what is going on.

Not that I ever want to see Tigers players get injured but if he were to Josh Gibcus his hammy? Wouldn't be a terrible result 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Pound for pound, he has been one of our best players. We pay him 300,000 ( or whatever it is) and the difference between him and the best wingers in the game is pretty minimal. He will always be limited in what he can do, but the role he plays demands he runs hard and tackles, he does it well.

Building a list is more than just getting some top end talent and paying them 800,000 K plus, its getting role plays to buy in.

Pound for pound, he has been one of our best players. We pay him 300,000 ( or whatever it is) and the difference between him and the best wingers in the game is pretty minimal. He will always be limited in what he can do, but the role he plays demands he runs hard and tackles, he does it well.

Building a list is more than just getting some top end talent and paying them 800,000 K plus, its getting role plays to buy in.

What a load of 🐎💩. The distance between him and say an Errol Goulden is night and day. The only impact Kamdyn has on games is the negative kind. Since he regained his position in the team after missing the flag he's kicked 16 goals in 80 games at an average of 0.2. I bet if there was a stat for it he'd be elite for ootf with 3-5 every single game. I've never seen a bigger nincampoop in the history of the game try to hit teammates hard up on the boundary line so many times knowing full well he doesn't have the skill set to even attempt the kick.

Even better are the ones where his team mate is 15m inside the boundary yet good old kamdyn manages to still put it 10 rows back. The scooters were a great laugh very endearing give the man a trigger clause. In one game on the wing Banks did 2 pinpoint perfect passes lace out to leading forwards that Kamdyn hasn't bettered in 200 games. His running isn't that great anymore either.

Might as well go to the AIS and rookie a failed runner and they could better Kamdyn within a month of getting some skills training. If scooter boy is getting regular games next year with Graham and Grimes we must be tanking for pick 1!

A lot of players had defined roles under Dimma including Kamdyn , Picket etc

I suspect under a new coach these roles may become redundant or change significantly.

Will be up to the players to adapt or get moved on over time
Spot on , I’d like to think he is now depth break grass emergency ,read same pickett and graham

What a load of 🐎💩. The distance between him and say an Errol Goulden is night and day. The only impact Kamdyn has on games is the negative kind. Since he regained his position in the team after missing the flag he's kicked 16 goals in 80 games at an average of 0.2. I bet if there was a stat for it he'd be elite for ootf with 3-5 every single game. I've never seen a bigger nincampoop in the history of the game try to hit teammates hard up on the boundary line so many times knowing full well he doesn't have the skill set to even attempt the kick.

Even better are the ones where his team mate is 15m inside the boundary yet good old kamdyn manages to still put it 10 rows back. The scooters were a great laugh very endearing give the man a trigger clause. In one game on the wing Banks did 2 pinpoint perfect passes lace out to leading forwards that Kamdyn hasn't bettered in 200 games. His running isn't that great anymore either.

Might as well go to the AIS and rookie a failed runner and they could better Kamdyn within a month of getting some skills training. If scooter boy is getting regular games next year with Graham and Grimes we must be tanking for pick 1!
Two time premiership winger for Richmond you are talking about.

You are also comparing him to a 21 year old midfielder who is 4th favourite to win the brownlow next year and next contract will probably be 800,00 plus.

May as well say he is not as good as a 1996 Wayne carey.

But as I said previously, one gets paid 300,000 to do all the hard running and defensive roles, the other got paid 1/5 of the team cap to take marks and win games.

Unfortunately, we aren't in the EPL and can spend 200 million on a team.

Role players will always get the brunt of tge supporters wrath when a year doesn't work out.

You are also comparing him to a 21 year old midfielder who is 4th favourite to win the brownlow next year and next contract will probably be 800,00 plus.

But as I said previously, one gets paid 300,000 to do all the hard running and defensive roles, the other got paid 1/5 of the team cap to take marks and win games.

Role players will always get the brunt of tge supporters wrath when a year doesn't work out.
Be interesting to see what a yze does with the starting 22. Kmac can run and spoil but it ends there.

I just watched the 2017 prelim game. Us vs Giants. He and Ellis were good not great.
Castagna was excellent in 2017 but was shocking by 2022. Couldn't kick, mark..he needed to be dropped to find a new role wing or half back. Any player any club do lose from.
Absolute peak Richmond football.. maybe only 5 or 6 left from that team . They all look a bit slower. Jack Graham, Nank, Grimes, and Prestia. Kmac.
Unfortunately our team has become below average from 2021.
Scraped in in 2022 but could not win a close game.
Loaded up on TT and JH but failed tragically..
JH probably isn't best 22. Pickett wing or VFL

Mini steps up to coach and we're too close to the 8 to ring any player changes and we ended up where we did.

We now have 2 captains who arguably aren't best 22.

Lynch and kosi IN is excellent. Means no pressure on Gibcus.

I forgot how good Jack Graham was back in 2017, but he's not quite fit right now.

Mini or Dimma would never drop a senior player.
I Know in my own sport playing days . I got stale , dropping a level reinvigorated me.
I hope to see the indroppable flag winners in the VFL.

Last edited:

Spending 200 million worked well at Chelsea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be interesting to see what a yze does with the starting 22. Kmac can run and spoil but it ends there.

I just watched the 2017 prelim game. Us vs Giants. He and Ellis were good not great.
Castagna was excellent in 2017 but was shocking by 2022. Couldn't kick, mark..he needed to be dropped to find a new role wing or half back. Any player any club do lose from.
Absolute peak Richmond football.. maybe only 5 or 6 left from that team . They all look a bit slower. Jack Graham, Nank, Grimes, and Prestia. Kmac.
Unfortunately our team has become below average from 2021.
Scraped in in 2022 but could not win a close game.
Loaded up on TT and JH but failed tragically..
JH probably isn't best 22. Pickett wing or VFL

Mini steps up to coach and we're too close to the 8 to ring any player changes and we ended up where we did.

We now have 2 captains who arguably aren't best 22.

Lynch and kosi IN is excellent. Means no pressure on Gibcus.

I forgot how good Jack Graham was back in 2017, but he's not quite fit right now.

Mini or Dimma would never drop a senior player.
I Know in my own sport playing days . I got stale , dropping a level reinvigorated me.
I hope to see the indroppable flag winners in the VFL.
Ah for the good old days of U19s , reserves and then VFL senior team all played grannies today.

i think you missed his point.

Errol Goulden is tracking to be a million dollar a year player and Macca is a $300,000 role player
there is only so many players you can have on big money.

" the difference between him and the best wingers in the game is pretty minimal. "

Was reacting to your ludicrous statement. Goulden's nearly the best player in the comp. McIntosh wouldn't be in the top 400 players league wide. I could've listed 40 winger's who are way better to 10x better than Mr Sheen. Regardless of what he's getting paid his ceiling is knee high in the basement. Banks, Brown, Short even Balta's ceilings as winger's could be absolutely anything. Seen enough of McIntosh will be glad to see him in the Magoo's or traded out. His limited best is past him. Kids need opportunities.

Two time premiership winger when the game was completely different.

With the way the AFL has changed the game through rule changes, what use to work doesn't necessarily work now.

The current rules mean that superior ball use is pretty much a must have for every team, and we probably have a below average number of players in that category.

You look at the premier wingmen of the comp this season, and every single one of them have good ball use, even if KMac might work harder than them and helps with the defensive stuff.

If you're an outside ball user (such as KMac), how you use the ball is now paramount, where it used to be something you can cover for before the rule changes.

Last edited:

With the way the AFL has changed the game through rule changes, what use to work doesn't necessarily work now.

The current rules mean that superior ball use is pretty much a must have for every team, and we probably have a below average number of players in that category.

You look at the premier wingmen of the comp this season, and every single one of them have good ball use, even if KMac might work harder than them and hels with the defensive stuff.

If you're an outside ball user (such as KMac), how you use the ball is now paramount, where it used to be something you can cover for before the rule changes.

Great points, and you are probably right.

Probably just more disappointed in the disrespect he receives continuely.

You look at the premier wingmen of the comp this season, and every single one of them have good ball use, even if KMac might work harder than them and helps with the defensive stuff.

I agree, even inside ball winners have to be good.

Great points, and you are probably right.

Probably just more disappointed in the disrespect he receives continuely.
It's not all disrespect. A lot of it is simply criticism. His form over the entire season was average to poor and he was extremely lucky not to be dropped until the final round.

The bad part was he wasn't the only one.

The difference between good old Kamdyn and say an Errol Goulden is....good old Kamdyn has 3 Premiership Medals hanging around his neck! What good old Kamdyn offered to the RFC was enough for him to win those GF Medals!

By the sounds of Yze's new gameplan and implemented changes Kamdyn better start honing his carpentry skills his days at Punt Rd are all but over I'd say
Think he will still find his way in the side

If we are trying to increase corridor play offensively we might be trying to force opponents to use the corridor as well

Might mean using kamdyn a lot to try and block any movement down the fat side wing

One thing he has going for him is that he can ****ing run all game and generally gets a hight advantage on his man so his still very much a viable defensive option as a winger still probably our best option for that role, maybe Mansell could do it as a younger option

If that’s the role he is limited to I’m not upset because it means the likes of Banks or Brown would still be used in those offensive roles anyway

With the skill set of those boys no point wasting them in a defensive role staved of opportunity to get ball in hand

Think he will still find his way in the side

If we are trying to increase corridor play offensively we might be trying to force opponents to use the corridor as well

Might mean using kamdyn a lot to try and block any movement down the fat side wing

One thing he has going for him is that he can ******* run all game and generally gets a hight advantage on his man so his still very much a viable defensive option as a winger still probably our best option for that role, maybe Mansell could do it as a younger option

If that’s the role he is limited to I’m not upset because it means the likes of Banks or Brown would still be used in those offensive roles anyway

With the skill set of those boys no point wasting them in a defensive role staved of opportunity to get ball in hand
And when the ball is switched or chipped around, or if the ball is kicked out after a point, then that player is no longer on the defensive side or fat side. The same issue with MacIntosh is what has always been with him, his lack of creativity with the ball. How many scoring assists does he get per game compared to say Sidebottom as an example of a player who is creative.

I was not for dropping MacIntosh half-way through the season, I thought he was playing okay, and we were experimenting with a lot of young players, so his experience and knowledge of the gameplan was important structurally. By the end of the season, we had lost our way somewhat, the young players coming through like Banks looked the goods, and Mac was not having much influence at all.

New coach, younger players with something to offer and ready to play, new game style, hopefully a more aggressive one and one based on a bit more skill. I remember after watching St Kilda pick us apart late in the season with excellent footskills, that we need to change up our personal. No more role players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back