Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely wrapped this bloke has reached the ton.
If there’s ever a scrap heat on the wing can you can gaurantee he’ll be there first like a dog after a bone.
Well done KM

K-Mac is probably the least classy-looking player we have on our list - but he's bloody effective, wins his contests and does the right thing. That little heel-poke he did while lying on his back would have been called 'play of the year' if it was done by Martin, Fyfe or Pendlebury - but because it's K-Mac, people just laughed (even our own BF Tiger commentary team had a chuckle).

Love K-Mac, may not be technically the best footballer, gets it done, works hard and I know I'd have him by my side in the trenches everyday of the week....

With the Covid lockdown we are now watching the Richmond games as a family with my 2 girls stuck at home

During the melbourne game 1 of my daughters referred to McIntosh as forest as in forest gump , and i asked her why she called him that and she said he just Runs and Runs.

Since then every time Macca gets the ball the whole family are screaming out Run forrest Run and it just feels so appropriate

We love the guy

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with how Kamdyn seems to have turned his career around.
For some reason I automatically liked him when he started.
But found in recent years that his clangers really wore me down...he was just so consistent at missing targets and putting others under unnecessary pressure...and he just didn't seem to get any better at that...although I did still like his toughness...especially how he likes to beat up on their best wingman before the first bounce.
But this year he seems to have really made progress on reducing his clangers. I don't look at the stats. But he just feels more reliable.
I saw a interview with him earlier in the year I think, and he was speaking about how he felt he was at the crossroads, and decided he was too young for the scrap heap.
So I am not sure what he did or who he did it with, but to me at least, it certainly seems to be working.
Glad he was able to work his way back into the team and secure his spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A friend of mine who is in recruiting told me a funny story about Kamdyn once from a few years ago.

Kamdyn and a bunch of relatively low key players from other clubs were asked to attend a function to chat to some young draft hopefulls at draft camp or something like that. Kamdyn walked up to a 'kid' and asked him his name and who he barracked for a stuff like that. He was talking to Aaron Naughton from the dogs who was there for the same reason Kamdyn was...

Last edited:
We call him Forrest in our household and tonight my girls were screaming Run forrest Run

I don't really know why, but I can't help making up nicknames for Caps. My son picked me up on it. I didn't notice I was doing it, but apparently, I was making a new nickname or two every week.

This year, because of the hair situation, I started the season calling him Max Power, from an episode of the Simpson where Homer was in disguise. Feathers, Yeah Yeah, Snowy, Kmac, Macca, Kamboy, Smasher, Brick. I just can't help myself or stop.

I'm definitely putting Forrest on the list!

Go you ****ing good thing, Forrest!

I don't really know why, but I can't help making up nicknames for Caps. My son picked me up on it. I didn't notice I was doing it, but apparently, I was making a new nickname or two every week.

This year, because of the hair situation, I started the season calling him Max Power, from an episode of the Simpson where Homer was in disguise. Feathers, Yeah Yeah, Snowy, Kmac, Macca, Kamboy, Smasher, Brick. I just can't help myself or stop.

I'm definitely putting Forrest on the list!

Go you ******* good thing, Forrest!

Agreed. He's Forrest for me now

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back