Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut him down you say? Serong still had 27 touches in a nothing game that was over at 1/4 time played in terrible conditions. Freo were going through the motions after 1/2 time and went into self preservation mode. If we were to have a full time tagger like other teams I would expect to see said tagged player actually "shut down" and be kept to <15 touches.
Serong had very little impact despite the 27. Wasn’t damaging at all and went at 50% disposal efficiency due to the pressure

Shut him down you say? Serong still had 27 touches in a nothing game that was over at 1/4 time played in terrible conditions. Freo were going through the motions after 1/2 time and went into self preservation mode. If we were to have a full time tagger like other teams I would expect to see said tagged player actually "shut down" and be kept to <15 touches.
Serong was also loose on his own in acres of space twice in the last. Lucky Serong torched both chances

If you've ever seen Serong play for 2minutes before last night you would know how good of a job Graham did to limit him.

We need to pull a Geelong and manipulate a rule so bad it gets changed but we reap the reward. We need a club like Port Adelaide to pay Graham enough for band 1 compensation.

We then need to work some sort of deal where I dunno, we pay a big percentage of Rioli's salary to get extra first rounders. Then we trade a first round to Port for a second rounder, basically them buying a better pick in exchange for overpaying Graham. Then we get Pick 2 as compensation for Graham leaving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back