Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to chill. We're gonna get Band 3 compo after our 2nd pick which will probably end up being draft pick 26-28 after f/s, academies, etc. The AFL have already decimated us, they're not stupid we're gonna be equally putrid and probably only get 80,000 members next year and a worse TV timeslot. They need us up n about ASAP for the next broadcast deal. The last thing they'll want is us winning 3 straight wooden spoons and playing in front of 10,000 at Docklands. We're not North after all lol

I hope we are a basket case next year. We need 2 or 3 years of early draft picks before we acquire free agents and players from elsewhere and rise to the top. No half arsed build that leaves us stranded mid ladder. All in!
Yes and no. We could have an epic draft hand this year if things go the way they seem to be going in regard to players leaving and the draft pics we will receive in return. It's possible would could get 3 or 4 first rounders and as many second. That is a huge injection of top end talent. And we have a lot of young players who have just gotten started, how good some of those will be we will find out next year as well.

Maybe this year and perhaps next will be our bottoming out, but teams can rebound pretty quickly once they find their collective feet, look what the Hawks are doing right now.

But we do need to weed out those players who will not take us further.

Richmond have offered JGTI $900k x 3 years

Now waiting for eagles to beat it by $50k so we get #2
I am gonna buy a slab the day he is confirmed gone

The club has overrated this guy for many years. How many times has he been rushed back in the best 22 underdone and not match fit like he is a superstar? Never made to play VFL despite poor performance.

Slow, low possession, poorly skilled defensive mid that gets burnt by any mid with pace and had his flaws hidden in good teams.

Holding my breath the "really good offer" is just media posturing but am very concerned that we will pay up for cement boots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. We could have an epic draft hand this year if things go the way they seem to be going in regard to players leaving and the draft pics we will receive in return. It's possible would could get 3 or 4 first rounders and as many second. That is a huge injection of top end talent. And we have a lot of young players who have just gotten started, how good some of those will be we will find out next year as well.

Maybe this year and perhaps next will be our bottoming out, but teams can rebound pretty quickly once they find their collective feet, look what the Hawks are doing right now.

But we do need to weed out those players who will not take us further.
Whatever flag glory there was has turned into the horror of a spoon. With the asterix of a injury rooted list. Especially KPPs Lynch, Gibcus for 2 seasons and also Young, LeFau, Fawcett, Gray. Grimes too.

Seemed like an inability to consider 3 KPFs for the loss of the much vaunted forward pressure. Martin retirement is a blessing. If Lynch plays 15 games we look vastly different.

Bolton is below par permanet fwd. Dow, Graham, Hopper, Taranto & Prestia is too slow to front up week in week out. If they had a KPF or 2 to kick it to would be infinite help.

Bauer is getting games, Blight playing this weekend, Ryan dropped is some small positive. Kosi is on par for his role.

If we can't have a Melbourne selection philosophy and have players in the VFL. We have seen Grundy work his game at suburban levels.

Same at Whitten oval.

I know this will make some people’s heads explode but if the club are really keen to get him to stay then they might offer him the vice captaincy as incentive to stay
The only thing worse than that would be making Short captain.

Jack Graham shouldn't even be in the best 22 let alone re-signed. Before he was gifted a goal in the last quarter he had 6 possessions.

He is truly an awful footballer

The club has overrated this guy for many years. How many times has he been rushed back in the best 22 underdone and not match fit like he is a superstar? Never made to play VFL despite poor performance.

Slow, low possession, poorly skilled defensive mid that gets burnt by any mid with pace and had his flaws hidden in good teams.

Holding my breath the "really good offer" is just media posturing but am very concerned that we will pay up for cement boots.

Spot on. It's always baffled me how he's treated as though he's Dustin Martin by the selectors.... especially when he's more akin to Castagna in output. It's mindboggling how he can stink it up for 6-8 weeks straight without fear of getting dropped. Juxtapose it with Ross who's best and worst is 10x better than Graham's yet has been dropped a handful of times each season. Makes zero sense.

Spot on. It's always baffled me how he's treated as though he's Dustin Martin by the selectors.... especially when he's more akin to Castagna in output. It's mindboggling how he can stink it up for 6-8 weeks straight without fear of getting dropped. Juxtapose it with Ross who's best and worst is 10x better than Graham's yet has been dropped a handful of times each season. Makes zero sense.
It's because he played a great grand final 7 years ago, and then played a preliminary final with a busted shoulder.

That's it.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

I hope we are a basket case next year. We need 2 or 3 years of early draft picks before we acquire free agents and players from elsewhere and rise to the top. No half arsed build that leaves us stranded mid ladder. All in!
I kind of agree, though I would prefer if we were shit it was due to injuries to older players. I would rather not let the stench of loosing find its way into the render.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back